💙 Chapter Twenty-one💙

Author's pov

"No, I think it's time I took that burden off my chest" Tae said and all of them sat to listen to him.

Flashback

Years ago

Brient Kingdom was ruled by Taehyung's father,Kim Jaehyun alongside his mother, Kim Minhye.

Kim Minhye was an angel despite the neverending enmity between their Kingdoms ,She still fell for Kim Jaehyun the demon king.

Minhye's parents tried to convince their daughter to leave Jaehyun but it all went in vain.In the end they gave up and accepted the marriage between Minhye and Jaehyun.Hearing this the King of Curreir Kingdom at that time was furious but nevertheless he didn't say or do anything to stop the marriage.

After Marriage, Minhye was crowned the Queen of Brient Kingdom. She was a very good Queen. She carried out her duties as if she was born for it. As for the demon king he was head over heels over his wife but was love enough?

Soon, the couple was blessed and Minhye got pregnant. Jaehyun was in bliss hearing the news. The citizens in the Kingdom were very happy for their King and Queen as they will finally have an heir.

Jaehyun carefully took care of Minhye till she finally gave birth. Surprisingly, she gave birth to twins. Jaehyun was so happy he distributed sweets to the workers in the palace. They named their twins,Kim Taehyung and Kim Daehyung. They were nonidentical twins but still had a lot of similarities in their features.

The twins grew up fast. They were just like their father powerful and like their mother elegant. They were inseparable and were found together at all times. Tae was an extrovert whilst Dae was an introvert so he didn't have a lot of friends. Tae being the older one was protective towards Dae which annoyed Dae a lot because he didn't like being treated like a baby. The twins were trained by their father as they grew up.

All this seems like a happy family right? That was how it was till one day all hell broke loose. The twins were 15 at that time.

Minhye was framed after the military secrets of Brient Kingdom was leaked to Curreir Kingdom. All the evidences pointed at Minhye but Jaehyun wanted to think otherwise.

"Who do you think will do that if not your wife?" One of the men said.

"Think before you accuse me wife for something that treacherous" Jaehyun warned but his facade was breaking slowly. Did Minhye really betray him?

"I am sorry your highness. But she is an angel from Curreir Kingdom we can't help but suspect her" The minister said again.

"Also, the man we captured mentioned her name. " Another minister said.

"Bring him here" Jaehyun ordered and the man was dragged in.

"Who gave you the information?" Jaehyun asked

"Kim Minhye" The man said not bothering to add respect to the Queen's name. Jaehyun in anger slit the man's throat and he fell down dead.

"You all are dismissed" Jaehyun said and left the hall.

The scarf I gifted her was at the scene. The man is saying it is her. What should I do? Jaehyun thought going towards their room. He decided to confront Minhye.

Entering the room he saw Minhye hiding something.

"What are you hiding?" Jaehyun asked.

"Nothing" Minhye said and hid it behind her back.

Jaehyun scoffed and snatched it from her back. It was a scroll, a scroll containing more of their military secrets.

He looked up from the scroll and looked at Minhye with teary eyes.

"Is it true?" Jaehyun asked but Minhye shook her head tears glistening in his eyes.

"I loved you Minhye" Jaehyun said looking at Minhye with hurt eyes.

"I still love you, just tell me it isn't true and trust me I will believe you" Jaehyun said making Minhye's heart break at that.

"I-i am s-so sorry" Minhye said tears streaming down her eyes.

"No tell me it isn't true" Jaehyun screamed desperately wanting Minhye to deny it.

"It's true love. I am so sorry. I didn't have a choice" Minhye said trying to explain but Jaehyun in his rage choked her.

"You know l-love, if this gets out you will have to be beheaded. So let me give you a less painful death okay" Jaehyun said with teary eyes tightening his hold on Minhye's neck.

Minhye was on the verge of dieing when Tae entered the room. Due to all these commotion his parents didn't hear him.

Entering the room Tae was shocked to see a man choking his mother. On instinct he pulled out out his sword and within seconds plunged it into the man's back but it was too late he rushed to his mother after the man fell and she was already dead.

He turned toward the man and saw his father. He gasped in shock and rushe to his father's side.

"Dad" Tae called

"Stay alive Dad" Tae said trying to stop the bleeding. He was too shocked to even process anything. He stabbed his father who chocked his mother to death.

"Tae, I am sorry I killed your mother. Take care of your brother okay?" Jaehyun said and fell limp in Tae's arms. Tae knelt down and cried his sword still in his hands.

As if on cue, Dae entered and saw his brother holding a sword drenched in blood.

"You killed our parents Tae" Dae choked out in shock.

Tae tried to approach Dae but he flinched away breaking Tae's heart

"Don't come near me you monster. I hate you, Hyung " Dae shouted tears running down down his face and run away from there and never came back leaving a heartbroken and a traumatised Tae alone. Tae sat there for a long time staring at his parents dead bodies till the general of the army found him.

The funeral of his parents was performed but Tae didn't even attend he was too lost to process things.

In a short period of time Tae lost his entire family. The first person he ever killed was his father. He went silent for months, had nightmares each and every night but over time grew numb to it.

Tae looked for his brother in every nook and cranny but he never found him. He fell into depression and attempted suicide many times. That was until he met Jimin, his now adopted brother.

Jimin introduced him to his friends and slowly Tae let go of his grief but he was still traumatised. None of his friends knew what happened to him but nevertheless they supported him till he was normal again.

But maybe just maybe if Jaehyun had investigated a little more he would have found out that his wife was threatened and she would have never betrayed him if the life of her twin sons wasn't on the line. Maybe Tae wouldn't have had to go through all this.

Flashback ended

By the time Tae finished narrating his past everyone was in tears as for Dae he sat there with a blank face tears streaming down his cheeks trying to process everything Tae just said.

-----------------------------------------------------------

How was it?

I hoped you liked this chapter. Please vote and comment if you like the chapter.

If you have any questions about the chapter feel free to ask.

Take care and thanks for reading my book.💙