💙 Chapter Twenty-five 💙

Author's pov

Time skip to the next morning.

Jungkook stirred from his sleep and slowly opened his eyes. He looked at his side and saw Tae sleeping peacefully. He softly caressed his face but got shocked when Tae opened his eyes abruptly.

"Don't scare me like that, Hyungie" Jungkook yelled surprised.

"Sorry, baby highness." Tae apologized.

"Good morning, Hyungie" Jungkook finally greeted.

"After yelling at me you are now greeting me." Tae accused jokingly.

"Just respond" Jungkook whined.

"Fine, good morning to you to angel" Tae said pecked Jungkook's lips. Jungkook looked down and blushed making Tae chuckle.

They sat in silence in a while before Tae spoke up.

"Do you want to talk about yesterday?" Tae asked and felt Jungkook visibly tense at the question.

"Hyungie" Jungkook slurred

"Yes, baby. Talk to me" Tae said encouraging Jungkook to continue speaking.

"I want to heal and move on from all this. I don't want to be sad anymore." Jungkook continued his eyes glistening with tears.

"We both went through a lot. Yes, we both have our insecurities but Hyungie let's trust each other to help each other heal." Jungkook added

"Jun-""No Hyung, let me speak." Jungkook cut off Taehyung when he tried to interrupt.

"I now understand why you tried to reject me. You didn't want history to repeat, you didn't want to turn out like your father and hurt me. Your father might not be wrong but his trust was a little weak. I understand your insecurities. Even if you don't trust yourself, I trust you Hyung." Jungkook said looking straight into Tae's eyes. A tear fell from Taehyung's eyes listening to Jungkook's words. Jungkook gently wiped away to that tear and took his hand gently into his.

"You know Hyungie, you weren't the only one with insecurities. All my life I was shamed and humiliated by my father now turned uncle. I had a very low self esteem. Before, I proposed you I pondered on whether I was enough for you or not. I stopped myself multiple times thinking you deserve better. " Jungkook said surprising Taehyung.

"But I was able to put my insecurities aside and proposed you because I was determined to be that better person you deserved. I will improve on myself till I fell worthy of your love instead of cowering away like a coward." Jungkook added.

"Even though, my uncle(Jungwon) didn't get the punishment he deserved, he is gone now. So let's make new memories together and move on. I love you Hyungie" Jungkook finished and gazed lovingly at Tae. Tae just looked at him with teary eyes.

"Kookie, I can't say I have gotten over my trauma. Yes, I will still have nightmares, panic attacks and what not but I want to be selfish and asked you to stay beside me throughout my journey of healing. Even though I was scared initially but now I am not because I trust you. I trust you will not let me hurt you, if I ever go out of control. Therefore, I am ready to heal with you. Let's heal together baby and make new memories together. I love you, Kookie" Taehyung said and hugged Jungkook. They both sobbed in each others arms for along time till they pulled.

Tae slowly leaned in and connected his lips to that of Jungkook's in their second kiss. Tae slowly started moving his lips and Jungkook followed his movements. This kiss was not out of jealousy it was out of the love and trust that they have for each other and they slowly poured those emotions into the kiss.