💙 Chapter Fourty-two💙

Author's pov

Still in flash back

The following day

Jungkook again made his way back to the guards quarters to meet Eunwoo. Upon seeing Eunwoo he asked him frantically.

"Is it really him?" Jungkook asked

"Yes, your majesty" Eunwoo replied bowing a bit

"I see" Jungkook said sarcastically and chuckled darkly.

"He hasn't learnt his lesson yet.Any way did you find his hideout?" Jungkook asked curiously

"Yes, he is hiding in the forest" Eunwoo replied

"Do you have any idea what he is planning?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes, seems like he wants to frame you for treason"Eunwoo replied making Jungkook scoff.

"If anything that is the dumbest plan ever!Does he think Hyungie will believe him over me?" Jungkook said smugly but frowned immediately after that.

"Listen I want you to do something for me"Jungkook said and explained his whole plan to Eunwoo.

After he finished explaining his plan. Eunwoo's jaw dropped.

"Are you sure, your majesty?" Eunwoo asked nervously

"Yes, I am sure don't worry you won't get hurt." Jungkook replied assuring and smirked afterwards

You've messed with us enough. Jungkook thought and left to his room.

Back to present

Author's pov

Taehyung sighed for the nth time today.After many days of gathering evidence of the crime of the people possibly involved in the scandal, Taehyung couldn't do anything about it. Simply because he had no evidence of their involvement and certainly didn't want the whole population to know about it since it will put immense pressure on him to give justice and he really didn't want that.

"I am so tired Hyung" Taehyung said to Namjoon who was sitting with him all this while. Namjoon sighed and shook his head a little before speaking.

"Just a little bit more and we will be done" Namjoon said encouragingly. Taehyung lifted his head up and looked at him with his teary eyes.

Namjoon got up from his seat and walked to his side of the table and pulled him into a tight hug. Taehyung rested his head on Namjoon's shoulder and cried out.

"It's so hard, Hyung. I just wanted a happy life after suffering all these years. Is it too much to ask? Don't I deserve even a bit of happiness,huh" Taehyung lamented sobbing hysterically.

"No,you deserve every happiness in this world. It's okay. Let it out. Hyung is here to wipe your tears."Namjoon consoled caressing Taehyung's head gently. Taehyung just continued crying releasing all his locked up emotions. He was tired of pretending.

He felt like a failure for not being able to clear Jungkook's name.

After sometime he stopped crying and wiped his tears and cleared his throat. After which he looked up at Namjoon and said. "Thanks Hyung"

"But have we questioned the royal seal maker?" Taehyung asked after his entire crying session

"No, how can we forget this?" Namjoon said rubbing his forehead frustratingly.

"Summon him to the palace. Make it seem less suspicious as possible." Taehyung said darkly as if he was not just crying a while ago.

"Sure" Namjoon replied

"Hasn't Jimin gotten anything on that demon yet?" Taehyung asked again.

"Not that I know off" Namjoon replied and as if on cue Jimin barged in excitedly

"Hyung guess what?" Jimin asked excitedly

"What?" Taehyung asked

"They are having a meeting today. I heard the demon talking about it today." Jimin said making Taehyung who was looking down the entire time snap his head up a smile making its way to his face.

"Really?" Taehyung asked

"Yeah" Jimin said and Namjoon and Taehyung looked at each other and smirked.

"We can catch them red handed" Taehyung exclaimed excitedly. Happy that he will finally get rid of all pest hindering his and his baby highness's happiness.

"Yes, get all the soldiers ready and yes still summon the royal seal maker." Taehyung said to his Hyung.

Just then Dae barged in panting heavily.

"It has leaked out." Dae said trying to catch his breathe

" The citizens are really angry that you are protecting a traitor. They are outside the palace right now." Dae continued and Taehyung could swear he felt his heart stop in that moment.

"W-what?" Taehyung stuttered out.

"Yes, they are demanding to meet you right now." Dae replied.

"How did they know?"Taehyung asked his eyes devoid of emotions right now his heart was screaming to kill them all.

"Apparently, it was pasted all around the Kingdom. So, the citizens want a confirmation" Dae explained

"This is bad" Jimin muttered under his breathe nibbling his bottom lip a little.

"Where is Yoongi and Hoseok?" Taehyung asked frantically

"They are trying to hold them off as much as possible." Dae explained his own face showing worry.

"It's a distraction" Namjoon who hasn't spoken the entire time finally spoke.

"They probably suspect that they are being followed by us hence they are causing a distraction in order for them to meet without to be caught" Namjoon explained.

"So we have to make them believe that they have succeeded but still spy on them." Taehyung completed

"Exactly" Namjoon replied.

"Jimin, still go to their so called meeting. If possible note everyone present as well as their leader but don't forget to get the day of their next meeting then we will catch them red handed. Namjoon Hyung still call the royal seal maker. I will address the crowd with Dae" Taehyung explained and everyone nodded. This seemed like the right thing at the moment.

At this, all of them dispersed to their various tasks

Taehyung went to the hall and saw all the citizens protesting and demanding clearance.

Taehyung scoffed at the disrespect and sat on his throne.

"Your majesty, is your husband really a tr-" one of the demons started but was already slammed onto the wall with Taehyung's powers.

"You guys seem not to understand what I have been telling you.No one I mean no one gets to disrespect my husband and get away with it. Is this how you treat your King just because of a mere rumour?"Taehyung asked his voice booming within the walls of the palace.

"The same person that made sure the kingdom bloomed with prosperity? I am so disappointed in you all. You guys should be ashamed of thinking that way about King Jeon Jungkook. Anyway, I don't care whether you guys believe it or not but king Jeon Jungkook is innocent and is being framed. I am gathering evidence to prove him innocent but if it turns out otherwise, I myself will execute him. You are all dismissed" Taehyung said a got up immediately after the last sentence and left.

The citizens left with heavy hearts whilst whispering among themselves. Nevertheless they chose to trust their king.

Meanwhile with Jungkook

After realising no one is around, Jungkook quickly dressed up and used his cloak as a disguise. He looked around before secretly leaving the palace.

-----------------------------------------------------------

How was it?

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter.

Thank you for supporting my book. I hope you still find it interesting.💙