💙 Chapter Fourty-four💙

Author's pov

"J-jungkook" Jimin stuttered out and showed himself.

Jungkook turned around and widened his eyes in shock upon seeing Jimin

"H-hyung" Jungkook choked out his voice filled with fear.

Jimin looked at him disappointment written all over his face.

"J-jungkook what a-are you doing h-here?" Jimin asked and held onto one of the trees there.

"H-hyung I-i a-am so s-sorry" Jungkook apologised his eyes already glistening with tears making Jimin's heart break further.

Does it mean all this time we were gathering evidence to protect Jungkook, he actually betrayed us? Jimin thought but held himself up and asked

"W-what do you m-mean?" Jimin asked in hope that he was wrong about Jungkook.

"I-i didn't k-know i-it w-will get this messy. I- I am s-so sorry." Jungkook replied trying to stop his sobs.

"What you are saying is not making sense Jungkook? Please tell me clearly." Jimin yelled out almost pleading at the end.

"It's a long story Hyung" Jungkook replied making Jimin confused.

Just when Jimin was about to asked him to explain, they got surrounded by palace guards.

"Your majesty, we have been asked to escort you to the palace as soon as we see you. So we hope you cooperate." The leader of the guards said and made way for Jungkook.

Jimin looked at them confused.

"H-hey where are you taking him to?" Jimin asked standing protectively in front of Jungkook still giving Jungkook the benefit of the doubt till he is proven guilty.

"We are sorry, your highness. But we have to carry out our orders." The guard saying bowing in front of Jimin respectfully after all he was the prince of their kingdom.

"It's okay Hyung I'll go with them but believe me Hyung I- I didn't have bad intentions I-i swear" Jungkook held onto Jimin hands frantically.

"I know, Kook" Jimin replied not even sure what he knows. Getting this reply Jungkook left Jimin's hands and walked away with the guards. After they left, Jimin stood there conflicted with his feelings.

On the one hand he wanted to believe what he saw but then again Jungkook's eyes showed he wasn't lying. He slid down and sat down hiding his face in his knees and cried out loud. When did things become this messy?

Jimin sat there crying out all that he felt in that moment.

Meanwhile on the other side

Taehyung woke up from his long nap and stretched himself feeling better. He smiled to himself but his smile fell remembering the events from earlier. He got up abruptly and went to their shared room to look for Jungkook.

"Jungkook" Taehyung called out reaching their room but was only met with silence.

"Jeon Jungkook, don't play around with me. Come out of your hiding place" Taehyung yelled but fear soon creeped his heart when he got no response.

Did Jungkook run away? No it's not possible he promised. Taehyung thought but soon his shook his head in denial. He got up and rushed out to order his guards to look for his husband but stopped on his tracks seeing Jungkook coming in with the guards.

His arms itched to run and hug him. But how can he when it seems like his love has been lying to him all this while.

"May I ask where you are coming from, King Jeon Jungkook?" Taehyung asked in his cold voice and Jungkook almost cried hearing his love address him formally.