𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐼𝐼𝐼

You will not believe who's on the other side.

He turns on his chair, an annoyed expression on his face.

"Dude what do you wa-" he sees me. "-nt.."

He stares at me for a bit, his angry expression softening just a little.

I stared back, in absolute shock.

«What the fuck is he doing here?!» I thought to myself.

It seems like Tanner noticed the tension because he laughed awkwardly. "Uh, I just wanted you to meet my friend, valentine. She's helping me unpack." He slowed down toward the end of his sentence, looking back and forth at us.

I could swear my heart skipped a beat. I thought I'd never see him again. But here we are, staring at eachother.

"Hello??? Guys??? Is this some dumbass language you're speaking??" Tanner waved his hand in between us. I shook my head and looked down. "Sorry.."

"Yeah um, I zoned out. What's your name again?" He asked me.

"Val. Valentine." I bit the inside of my cheek, fiddling with my fingers.

He stood up and walked toward me.

«fuck, he's grown taller..»

"I'm Blake. But you can call me Yumi." He offered me his hand to shake with a forced smile.

I looked up at him, a slightly irritated look on my face. His smug fucking face staring down at me. Why'd he have to be friends with Tanner? Out of everyone else it just had to be the guy whose guts I hated.

"Nice to meet you." I said flatly, shaking his hand. It was soft.

"Same to you." He nodded, staring at me as if we were doing a staring Challenge. He basically shot daggers at me.

Again, Tanner sensed the tension and came to the rescue.

"We're.. gonna go.. bye Yumi." He said, putting a hand on my back and pulling me out of the room. I still felt his gaze on me.

Once we made it to Tanners room, he closed the door and stood infront of me, hands on his hips like a mom.

"What was that back there?? Did you like fall in love or somethi-"

"EW NO- ahem- no. He had something on his face."

"No he didn't?"

I scoffed. "It's whatever. Hey, when am I gonna go home?"

"Well, I don't know who's gonna drive you home because I am exhausted.." he laughed awkwardly.

"I'll just take the bus then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour after that encounter, tanner made me some of his famous 'slop' since the food we bought from the store got devoured by him.

I was in the living room, watching SpongeBob with Tanner. Larry was with Yumi in the kitchen making some sort of thing that resembled a sandwich.

Nick came down the stairs with Isaac. It looked like if mom and dad came down to talk with you after going through your phone.

Tanner tensed up next to me when they sat on the couch.

"So uh.." nick started. "Me and Isaac were thinking.."

I thought they were talking to Tanner, so I continued looking at SpongeBob.

"That maybe valentine could stay a few nights? Y'know to save everyone the-"