𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼

After a somewhat calm night, I woke up to a wild headache and my side hurting alot. My neck was also really stiff. I reached for my phone on the bedside table and checked the time. Almost 10 am. Not surprised that the house is quiet then.

I slowly sat up, rubbing my temples. I don't recall drinking anything bad, maybe I just hit my head or something? Not really sure..

I pushed the blanket off of me and raised my shirt, looking at my side.

Firstly, it had those red sleeping marks you get from sleeping on something with a pattern, you know what I mean? And secondly, the spot was a little bruised. I'm guessing that I somehow fell really poorly while at the trampoline park to get this bruise.

I tried cracking my neck, but it even hurt to slightly move it to the side. I let out a sigh and braced myself to venture into the kitchen for some painkillers.

I stretched out my shirt so that It didn't look like I slept in it. I smoothly put my phone into my pocket and left the room.

While I was walking downstairs, I could hear and see the tv playing some true crime show. How did I know it was true crime? Since the show was being Broadcast on 'investigation discovery', AKA 'ID'. It was my favourite channel on TV just because of the true crime.

I walked to the kitchen and found Isaac in the kitchen. I'd say that he's cooking something, but the something was almost as black as the mud outside.

"Hey, mind giving me some painkillers?" I softly asked, massaging my neck. Isaac nodded and opened up a cabinet. He pulled out a box of ibuprofen and passed it to me. "What for?" He asked, turning to me.

I shrugged. "My head hurts like a bitch and my side is a little bruised up." I took out a pill and put it as deep as it went inside my mouth. Then I quickly washed it down with an opened sprite can which I assumed was Isaacs.

"Dang.. can i see?" He hesitatedly asked. I nodded and lifted up my shirt from the side just enough to see the bruise.

He slightly leaned down and examined it like he was a doctor. "Hmm.. It isn't a big bruise, but it's still a bruise. Does it hurt?"

"Only when touched." I bit my lip.

He nodded and straightened himself. I lowered my shirt back down and jumped on the counter behind him as he continued to 'cook'.

"What are you even trying to make?"I asked with a slight laugh.

He threw the spatula onto the pan, chuckling. "I think I was trying to cook uh.. a grilled cheese..?" He looked at me, a slight helpless look on his face.

I held in my laughter. "Have you ever cooked a grilled sandwich?" I pat him on the shoulder after jumping down th counter, coming closer.

He shook his head and put his head in his hands, groaning.

"Let's just uh... Throw this out, okay?" I slowly took the pan, opening the garbage can and slowly pushing the failed sandwich and the other coal pieces that Im guessing used to be the cheese.

"Grilled cheese used to be my favorite food, but I could never make it exactly like my mom used to. Whenever I asked her how she would say that I put cheese untill it 'feels right' and cook it 'till your ancestors stop you'." He sighed, stepping out of my way as I pulled out the bread and cheese.

"Well... Was it really dry or extremely cheesy?" I pulled out two bread pieces, looking at him for a split second.

"I remember very well that I liked it cheesy." He started, I put three cheese slices between the two breads before he continued. "But that was only because I used to cut it in the middle and stretch the cheese. I never finished it cause I didn't like the amount of cheese."