𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑉

Yumi/Blake's POV:

I turned on the video, sipping the beer I took out the bag earlier.

Today's stream just wasn't it. Yes, all my friends surrounded me, but something feels so off.

The video showed like 20 dumbasses either doing a brake test to trucks or just absolutely demolishing a random person's gate.

I finished my beer, so of course I stood up and went to get another.

Tanner walked next to me, grabbing a new soju.

"Soo.... Valentine, huh?" He said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What about her?" I opened the can, turning around to face him.

"Do you like her or something? You've been really off since I introduced you two."

"What? Where'd you get that idea? Just because I'm acting different doesn't mean I like her." I looked at the tv from the kitchen, not bothering to go back there.

"Come on dude. I know you. You just don't pull this shit attitude out of your ass. Well.. sometimes you do but that's not my point." He laughed.

I didn't.

Tanner sighed. "Loosen up a little, dude! It's just a girl, she doesn't bite."

"Yeah but she's not just a-" I stopped myself.

Tanners expression became confused.

I sighed, biting my lip. Should I tell him? Then I can complain to him about her.

"What did you want to say?" He asked again.

"Oh, fuck it." I half threw my beer onto the counter and pulled Tanner out the kitchen and to the downstairs bathroom.

"Woah dude I'm not gay!" He joked. I didn't find that funny.

"Sorry..." He scratched his neck.

"Look. You can't tell val I told you."

He nodded. "Look if you like her just-"

"Fuck no! I don't like her at all! She's a total bitch!" I finally spat. Tanners mouth was slightly agape.

"Look.. Uh.. Me and val used to know eachother.."

"WHAT?!"

"Shh! Keep it down fatass!"

"Sorry.. how? Like.. how??"

"Me and her used to be best friends. From kindergarten to high school."

Tanners eyebrows raised. "Why didn't either of you tell me??"

"Well.. Because.. Something happened in high school and we sort of.. started hating each other."

"What?? How could you hate someone like val?"

"It's complicated and a long story.. I'll tell you later. Just uh.. yeah. Mind asking her what she thinks of me? It's just.. I want to become friends again. But she won't budge!"