#10 Brayden Schenn

"Paradise"- Coldplay

******

"We lost!" I shout, throwing down my bag. "We couldn't even win the last f**kin game of the season!" (y/n) sighs sadly. She can't tell me we'd do better next game, or that everything was okay. There are no more! We're not in the playoffs!

"I'm sorry," she whispers, and her sadness breaks me.

"No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have shouted at you," I apologize, sitting next to her on the couch. "How've you been?" She shrugs.

"Could be better. You had an assist tonight though, didn't you?" I nod, trying not to get fired up again about our loss. I ask quietly,

"How many vacation days have you used this year?" (y/n) works as a professor of criminology at Temple University, so every now and then she needs a day off.

"Six."

"That's it?!" I exclaim. "You should've used all of them!" (y/n) chuckles, saying,

"I did. They only give you six." Oh.

"That's sad," I complain, and she laughs.

"I know right?" I smile to myself, coming up with an idea.

"How about we go on vacation?" I ask, and (y/n) smiles. "Maybe--"

"Alaska?" She interrupts excitedly. "I've always wanted to go there!" I laugh,

"I should've known you'd want to go somewhere cold. I was gonna say Aruba, but Alaska is cool too I guess." (y/n) frowns slightly, leaning over and lightly kissing me.

"Wherever you want, Bray," she whispers as she pulls away. "I have heard Aruba is nice this time of year." I sigh as she sets her hand on my thigh comfortingly.

"Are you sure?" I ask, rubbing circles on the back of her hand. (y/n) smiles brightly, answering,

"Of course! Whatever you want, you deserve it." She leans her head on my shoulder, and I sigh again, but this time with happiness. (y/n) always knows how to make me happy...

Three weeks later, as we're splashing in the pristine water, I stop for a moment. "What is it, Bray?" (y/n) asks worriedly. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, I'm just thinking about how much I love you," I answer, and she blushes.

"Me too." I smile, pulling her in for a wet hug. When we pull away, I say seriously,

"No really (y/n), I love you." She nods.

"Why would I doubt that?" I shrug.

"There are so many guys out there that deserve you more than I ever could," I begin. "They're smarter, more attractive, more talented--" (y/n) cuts me off with a kiss, tears brimming in her beautiful (e/c) eyes.

"We've been over this before, Bray, I could never love someone more handsome or intelligent than you because there is no one out there like that," she says as we part. "Don't ever doubt my undying love for you." I grin.

"Let's go back to the cabin, sweetheart, I think we need a rest." (y/n) smiles and agrees, and I pick her up once we get out of the water. She squeals,

"Hey! I can walk!"

"But carrying you is so much fun though!" I reach the cabin breathless and set her down. She laughs as I bend over, gasping for air.

"See? I could've walked with much less trouble," (y/n) points out. I shrug.

"It...was...worth it," I pant, and she takes me to the living room. She sits on the floor, but I run back to the bedroom to get something.

"Whatcha got there?" (y/n) asks with a bubbly manner, and I grin.

"Just the second most important thing in the world to me."

"What's the first?"

"You." She blushes as I continue, "Stand up." I get a weird look. "Just do it." She shrugs and stands while I get down on one knee.

"Oh..." I hear her whisper as I look up at her.

"(y/n), you have given me faith in myself that I can do anything, and you have been the most influential person in my life ever since I met you. I love how you always defend me, stay up to see me after my games, and never fail to make me smile. If I ever lost you I think I'd die, so I need to know...will you marry me and become Mrs. Schenn?"