#13 Kevin Hayes

"The Phoenix"- Fall Out Boy

******

This is it. My nemesis is finally gonna see how much better I am, and that the trophy will belong to me. I shake out my arms as I glare across the rink, the other player giving me the same look. "You're going down!" I shout, banging my stick against the ice a couple times.

The figure just shrugs as I grit my teeth in annoyance. I look around at the cones set up in a obstacle course of sorts, and I laugh harshly. "I hope you've got aloe on hand for your sake, cause you're gonna be burned after this."

All the videos I've seen of this player are phenomenal, everyone tells me. All I see is me in with a different number. Some people have even told me I'm not as talented, and when I finally contacted them we agreed to a challenge: whoever completes the course in less time will get bragging rights for our school.

The third person, this one on the bench, raises his arm, and as he presses start on the timer I speed towards the pucks at center ice. I grab one and shoot it towards the little goals set up, doing the same with 4 others. Next is puck handling, which I complete with ease. I shoot in three pucks from one goal to the other, the whole 200 feet.

Shooting down the targets in the corners are a little bit harder, but I get it done as quickly as possible. The last challenge is speed, and as I zoom past the bench I grin. As the timekeeper calls out the reading, it gets wider. I've broken my record. I look to my challenger who just shrugs as he hops off the bench. "You're gonna get burned," I sneer.

"Go!" The man shouts as my opponent takes off, and I sit down on the bench and watch as the obstacles are conquered with ease. D*mn, he's good. I'm starting to doubt myself as the accuracy challenge is completed in mere moments. When he zooms by, I look at the timer.

"What the f*ck," I mutter, noting that I was a full 9 seconds slower. "What the actual f*ck?!" I watch as my challenger takes off his helmet to reveal--a girl? "Who are you?" I ask in awe, hopping off the bench and skating towards her.

"(y/n)(y/l/n)," she answers proudly, releasing her hair from the bun and letting it cascade down her back. I just stare as I take in her features. "So, Kevin, how does it feel to lose to a girl?" I try to be angry, but in reality I'm impressed.

"Not good," I snarl through clenched teeth, disguising my growing interest in (y/n). She snorts. "But you know what feels great? Whooping your a*s in wrestling."

"Seriously?" She laughs. "Have you seen me fight?" I smirk and shoot back,

"I believe you're mistaken."

"Oh really?" As we go back to the locker rooms to take off our gear and stretch, I say,

"You have no idea what I'm actually talking about, do you?" (y/n) frowns as she slips her jersey over her head and sets it in a cubby hole in the room.

"Of course I do, but don't you know I can beat up a guy just as easily as you?"

"Yeah, but that's not what I'm talking about!" As she removes her skates she growls something indistinct before throwing them off and shouting,

"Well then explain what the f*ck you're talking about, Hayes, cause I have no bloody idea what that would be!" I smirk widely as I just sit in silence, removing my shoulder pads and looking her over. "Well? Spit it out!" She's in yoga pants and a tight black Under Armor shirt, and I can't help but to lick my lips.

"What other kinds of wrestling are there?" I'm trying to make it as difficult for (y/n) as possible. After all, she did just bust up my record. She groans loudly,

"I don't f*ckin' know, just tell me, you f*ckin' idiot!" I laugh.

"Ever tried tongue wrestling?"

"What the fu--oh." My smirk broadens as she realizes what I'm talking about. "No, I've never dealt with boys before, and I don't plan to in the near future." I snort,

"You're how old and you've never kissed anyone?"

"17." (y/n) looks defensive as I add,

"And how would that be? You're hot as f*ck, and I'm surprised you're still a virgin." That got me a punch in the face as she lunged at me.

"That's for your f*cking rudeness," she spits. As she slaps my other cheek she continues, "That's for your f*cking arrogance." (y/n) sighs as she whispers gently, "And this is for your f*cking hotness and talent." She leans and presses her lips to mine as I sit in shock.

"And this is for you being f*cking sexy," I growl as I pull her into my lap, rough to reconnecting our mouths. She moans as I bite down lightly on her bottom lip, and pulls on my hair. (y/n) pushes me away, unwrapping my arms and standing up as she stares at me with horror.

"What in f*ck's sake..." She trails off, and I smirk again. As I stand up next to her I say coyly,

"That was fun, we should do...that more often."

"If you mean me whipping your record, then yes, Hayes, anytime," she hisses, but I just laugh.

"Feisty, eh? I'd love to see where else you put all that energy." (y/n) looks furious as I wink, and she storms out, her large bag slung over her shoulder. "That was fun," I repeat, sitting back down. "Maybe she isn't all that bad..."