#14 Jamie Benn

"The Mighty Fall"- Fall Out Boy

******

"Hey (y/n)!" I call, running up to her as she leans against the lockers, texting. "Guess what?" She snorts.

"The sky is falling onto your little head?"

"No, idiot, there's a dance in a couple months. They just announced it, weren't you listening?" (y/n) and I have a teasing sort of friendship, seeing as we've known each other for about 8 years.

"F*ck no, I never listen to those stupid things, I thought you knew me better," she laughs. I see her smile as she looks back down at her phone, and I chide,

"Now now young lady, no texting in school unless Jamie knows about it." She just rolls her eyes and types something, grinning even wider. "Is it a guy?" (y/n) quickly looks up at me and shakes her head.

"Naw, since when did guys is any interest in me?" She asks casually, shifting it from hand to hand. Since I met you, I think as she looks up at me. Even though she's a junior and I'm a sophomore, I still tower over her.

"I dunno." We stand in silence for a moment as she continues to text, and I ask, "You skipping chem today?" (y/n) huffs,

"Psh, course I am." I shrug and say,

"You might fail if you skip it too many times."

"F*ck it, I'm not gonna be a chemist when I grow up. Dude, you're gonna play hockey, why don't you like, not go to school? You don't even need to." I shrug.

"My mom says I have to." And cause I wanna get in a good college so teams will take interest in me. She rolls her eyes again and walks off, me following behind. I guess I'm skipping chemistry too.

I peek over (y/n)'s shoulder to see who she's texting, and sure enough, it's a guy. And not just any guy; it's Jordie, my older brother. "You going for the older ones, hm?" I ask, unhappy. She whips around and hides the screen, hissing,

"Deal with your own sh*t, Jamie." I frown as she walks ahead, calling out, "Go to chem if ya want, tell 'er I went to the doc." I'm about to say something when she giggles to herself. F*ck you, Jordie, I think angrily, turning on my heel.

"I'll make you pay, you d*ck!"

***8 Years Later***
"Jamie, you have to go to your brother's wedding," my mother chides as I sit in the living room and grit my teeth.

"No I don't!" I exclaim, sending a glare Jordie's way. "All of you know I've liked (y/n) since I was 13! I will not stand to see her married to that!" I jab my finger in the direction of my brother, who shrugs.

"But I love her."

"That's it, that is f*ckin' it!" I shout, running out of the house and slamming the front door. I can't leave, for the risk of further upsetting my mother, so I sit on the front step. I pull my knees up to my chest and curl up into a ball, breathing hard and thinking about all the good times (y/n) and I had together.

I still can't believe I let her get away from me like that...I truly thought she was my soulmate until she told me Jordie asked her out. Then they were dating, then engaged, now pregnant, and getting married in less than a month.

I hear the door creak, and someone sits beside me as I think about where I went wrong. "Listen, bro, I'm sorry you have to feel like this," Jordie says, but I don't respond. He sets a hand on my shoulder. "Jamie."

"Get the f*ck away from me," I hiss, shrugging off his hand and moving away from him.

"Jamie, seriously? Stop acting so childish."

"Acting childish?!" I spit angrily, finally looking at him. "(y/n) is the love of my life, don't you dare say it's childish! You took her away from me, Jordie, and you're gonna pay for it!" He just looks at me, an indescribable emotion in his eyes. Jordie sighs as he tells me honestly,

"I'm sorry, Jamie, I never meant for you to feel like this. I-I just--she-she's the one for me, I know it, I feel it in my heart! You gotta understand..." I just send him a dirty glare.

"Well I'm sorry too, cause I just can't forgive you," I say, putting my head down again. "Not yet, at least."