#91 Tyler Seguin [2]

"Everything Has Changed"- Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran

******

I go to parties at Jamie and Jordie's place all the time, sometimes getting drunk, sometimes being the designated driver. I don't exactly enjoy the latter job, cause who doesn't want to have fun? I guess there's gotta be someone who's reasonable once in a while. 

At this party I'm getting wasted, no questions asked. I won't stand for just watching the fun. I know there will be hot girls there, there always are. I hope they'll wanna come home with me, cause I need a little action tonight...

***

"Hey there,  pretty girl," I ask, smiling at a girl over in the corner in a chair. "You look lonely." She nods with a sad smile, swirling her beer around as she stares at the glass. 

"Just a little."

"Want some company?" She pats the spot beside her, and I sit, keeping my gaze on her the entire time. She's quite attractive, now that I've gotten settled, with her (h/c) and sparkling (e/c) eyes that draw me in. "Are you okay?" Odd. I don't usually start conversations like this. 

"No, actually," she mumbles. "My boyfriend dumped me a couple days ago, and I can't even find my friends who forced me to come to this stupid party." I chuckle.

"It's not stupid unless you don't know how to have fun."

"Well, I guess I don't." I smirk and ask,

"Can I show you?" She peers at me with a strange look. 

"I don't even know who you are, nor your name, and you know nothing about me."

"I know you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen here," I flirt, and she laughs slightly. 

"Like you haven't said that before."

"Well, beautiful, I'm Tyler, and such a pretty girl has to have a pretty name." She rolls her eyes. 

"Nah, not really." She stands up to go. "I think I'll settle for finding my friends." 

"But wait!" I exclaim, grabbing her arm as she stands, getting up as she turns to stare at me. "Don't go, I wanted to--"

"See you around, Tyler." And with that, she disappears into the crowd. I sigh in defeat, looking around and spotting Jamie with a red cup. 

"Jamie!" I yell, and he looks over to me with a confused face. 

"What, Ty?" 

"Who was that girl?" He laughs, along with some of our other teammates. I smile, not finding it that amusing but then again, not being as drunk as them, for some reason. 

"Which one, there's a helluva flock of 'em roaming around." 

"The one with the black shirt and pants that was in the corner." They frown, and I roll my eyes. One of said girls comes over to one of my friends, stealing him away. "You know what, whatever, I'll figure it out." 

"No idea!" Jamie calls as I walk away, and I roll my eyes. So much for being helpful. 

***

It's either a bar or arena; these are where I find myself the most often, more than my own home. I look around, seeing the people dancing, drinking, making out...I wish I had a girl to do that with. Someone sits a couple chairs down, orders a beer, and stares blankly at the wall. She looks vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure from where as I turn away from her.

I joke and laugh with Jamie, Kari, and some of the others, mostly just watching the people dancing instead of joining them like I usually do. I hear someone protesting, and I look back to see some guy tugging the girl out of her chair. I get up from mine, coming over as she shouts profanities at him. "Get off her!" I exclaim, taking him by the collar and throwing him to the ground. "That's no way to get a girl!" 

"Dude, find your own slut," he hisses, dusting off his pants and stumbling away. I turn to the girl, who brushes the hair out of her eyes. Mine drift down to her shirt, and they widen as I recognize it. 

"You're that girl from Jamie's house!" I blurt, and she frowns. 

"I guess so...like a month ago?"

"Yeah, that's you, right?" She nods. "Wanna grab a couple rounds of shots?" Another nod. "Sit with me and we'll talk and drink our lives to ruin." The girl laughs, following me back to my seat and plopping herself beside me while I get shots of vodka. 

"So, Tyler, you're a famous hockey player, you've got everything you've ever wanted, what's next?" She asks with a slight hint of a smile. "You've already got a Cup with Boston...aiming for Captaincy?" I shrug. 

"Yeah, I guess. I haven't thought about that yet, I've been more into my personal life, relationships, that sort of thing." She looks dejected, sipping her beer from earlier. 

"Oh. Alright."

"No no, I don't have a girlfriend or anything," I backtrack, "I was just saying I'm kinda sorta thinking about it." That doesn't exactly help. 

"Well, I don't either. Single buddies?" Not if I can help it. I clink shot glasses with her, downing three in a row as she finally smiles her true smile at me. "Ty?"

"Yes darling?"

"My name's (y/n)." I blink in shock, surprised that she even opened up to me this much.

"Beautiful name to match a stunning girl." She blushes, covering it with a glance across the bar.

"Dance?" I shake my head. 

"I'd rather just get to know you more, you seem...different."

"Different how? Bad different or good different?"

"Good, for sure," I correct myself. "You don't seem like the one that'd go home with a guy at the flip of a coin, you look like you're--I don't know--I mean...you're special." (y/n) waves me off, saying dismissively, 

"Me? Special? Psh, nah, no one's ever called me that, and no one that says it will ever mean it." I sigh. 

"(y/n), you are beautiful, and if even I can realize you're special, that means you are one special person. Just give me a chance, a fighting chance, I just want to get to get to know you more." She thinks while downing another shot.

"I guess." From that moment onward, I knew we'd become fast friends--hopefully more than that, if I can help it.