#53 Johnny Gaudreau

"Dead Inside"- Muse

******

As I call (y/n) I grin, ready to surprise her. I told her I would be busy all day today, but it was just so I could take her out to dinner tonight. She doesn't answer, and I frown. "Ah, I'll just text her," I comment to myself, messaging her at a stoplight.

Honestly, I hope she wants to see me, seeing as she's been awful grumpy the past few days. As I pull in the driveway I look over at the passenger seat, where I set a bouquet of flowers I bought. I bite my lip, noticing she hasn't responded to nor even read my message.

"Babe?" I call out as I walk in, but I receive no answer. I frown as I listen for a moment, hearing small noises coming from upstairs. "It's probably the cat," I reassure myself, setting the flowers on the kitchen table. However, when the cat walks up to me, purring, and the noises haven't stopped, I get suspicious.

I run upstairs, flinging open the door to see (y/n) on the bed with Sean-- yup, the one on my team. My supposed best friend... "What the hell are you doing?!" I yell, directing it at both of them, shaking my head in confusion and anger. "Sean, get the f*ck out before I deck you, I thought we were friends!"

"Dude, it's not my fault!" He yells back, getting off the bed and grabbing his shirt from the floor. "She wanted it! It's not always my fault..." I shift my gaze to (y/n) who's curled up in a ball on the bed, not looking up. I sit next to her, grabbing her chin and forcing her to look at me. I ask angrily,

"Did he force himself on you? Or did you ask him to come over?" She just stares at me, the tears gathering in her eyes. "Answer!" (y/n) jumps and squeaks,

"It was just supposed to be a movie. I didn't know this would happen."

"Then why did Sean say you wanted it?" No answer, and I push her backwards.

"Get out," I growl angrily. "Take your stuff and get out. I thought I could trust you, we both know I won't date a cheater!" She nods, putting her shirt and leggings back on and walking out of the bedroom. We aren't officially living together, but she's been staying at my place for the past few weeks.

"I'm sorry," (y/n) whispers almost inaudibly as she grabs her suitcase and walks out. "I didn't mean it." I clench my jaw as she walks out, then fall down on the couch, crying.

"I thought she loved me!" I gasp, my face in a pillow. "I trusted her, and she just cheated on me. With my best friend too!" I lay face up on the couch for hours, playing on my phone and watching sports highlights on TV.

I should call (y/n) and Sean separately, and ask their side of the story so that I can make sure I didn't kick her out for nothing. "Sean?"

"What do you want?" He asks, and I can tell he's in a bad mood.

"Just tell me exactly what happened with (y/n), like, did she start it?" I hold my breath as he replies icily,

"We were going to watch a movie but it never actually happened cause she started kissing me and I didn't know what to do except kiss her back. And then she was like 'take me to the bedroom' so I did and that's when you came in." I frown,

"Thanks. Talk to you later." Sean hangs up without another word, and I begin to dial (y/n)'s number. But should I talk to her right after I kicked her out?

"Johnny? Why are you calling?" She asks, and I bite my lip.

"I-I just wanted you to tell me what, um...what happened with Sean." I can tell she rolls her eyes as she answers,

"Well Sean and I were gonna watch a movie, but then he looked over and I'm like 'what?' And he just leans over and kisses me and I didn't move until he picked me up and took me to the bedroom."

"Did you push him off?" Her words break my heart.

"No, I kissed him back." Well, I've deduced that she probably doesn't want this relationship any longer. "I think we should be done." My jaw drops as I squeak,

"Wha-what do you mean?"

"We shouldn't date anymore," (y/n) says simply, and I am shocked beyond belief as she hangs up. What happened between us that caused her to go for Sean?

***Time Skip~ 3 months***
It's been too long without (y/n), but I think I'm getting over her. I mean, I've been getting a bunch of girls over my house for weeks. With (y/n), I didn't have so much fun in my life. Having parties every weekend and getting drunk all the time is a blast, especially when I get a lot of hot girls laid.

At first I tried to get (y/n) back, but when she ignored my advances, I felt myself drifting away. I haven't wanted to be in a serious relationship since her, I don't need that. All I need is one night from a girl, and I don't give a sh*t whether I see her again or not.

I can't change myself from this behavior; (y/n) hurt me so bad I don't think I'll ever be the same.