#47 Torey Krug

"Mr. Lonely"- Akon 

******

I don't know what I did wrong, I thought (y/n) and I were going great. Exactly one month ago she walked out on me while I was sleeping, and I was scared when I woke up. I thought she'd gotten hurt, or someone had taken her, but my heart broke when I saw her note on the table.

'I'm leaving, I don't think I can do this anymore. Have fun :*'

The next few weeks I went downhill in both hockey and my regular life. I didn't talk to anyone unless I absolutely had to, and I was a nervous wreck when I was alone. I got into more fights and arguments on and off ice than ever before, causing most of my friends to distance themselves from me. Once I even got kicked out of a game for giving a bad hit and yelling about it to the referee.

Now the season is finally over, and I'm determined to find (y/n) and get her back. I call up Pasta, for he's one of the few who has stayed with me. "David?"

"Yes it's me, how are you, Torey?" He answers, and I sigh. I bite my lip and reply,

"I'm...alright, I guess. But I wanted to tell you I'm going to try to get (y/n) back. You know I need her." I hear him exhale. "Is that a good idea?"

"I would call her first," David tells me.

"I've done that so many times over the past month it's not even funny!"

"It's your best chance, Torey."

"Fine, I will," I agree grudgingly. "If I fail I blame you." I hang up, looking through the photos of (y/n) and I together; I have so many. They make me cry as I remember all the good times we had, like when we went to the zoo and she posed with the ostrich. One time we went to a golf course, and I took a picture of her driving the golf cart. I smile slightly as I remember she drove it into a dune right after.

Then there was the time (y/n) surprised me at an away game in Anaheim, and I dropped my phone and kissed her when she jumped me after we won the game. Pasta took a quick picture, and although I scolded him then, now I look at it every day. I also have one of when she met the team, and she completely freaked out over Patrice. I miss her so much...

I take a deep breath and press call on her contact, praying she'll answer. I'm about to give up when I hear something I haven't for a while. "Hello, who is this?" My heart cracks as I answer weakly,

"It's Torey. Don't you have caller ID?" (y/n) sighs.

"I...deleted your number from my contact list." I swallow hard, blinking away the tears before I continue,

"I need to talk to you about what happened, baby. I don't know what I did but I wanna fix it, I want you here with me, I've been terrible without you. I--" She interrupts me,

"Meet me at the Garden in 20." I am silent as she hangs up, surprised that she decided to meet me in such a hurry. I flop onto the couch and check my watch every couple minutes, and 5 minutes before I'm supposed to meet (y/n) I head out. As I drive I chew on the inside of my cheek, repeatedly touching my hair.

When I pull in I see (y/n)'s car, and I park right next to it. "(y/n)?" I call after I unlock the side door and enter the Garden. I walk down the hallway and onto the ice level, where I see her directly behind our bench sitting next to someone. Some guy. I huff before shouting, "Hey! Hi!" She whips her head up and sees me, motioning for me to sit next to her.

"Come here!" (y/n) answers, and I hurry over, doing as she asked.

"Who's this?" I question suspiciously as I sit, pointing to the guy.

"Derek, my boyfriend."

"Your what?!" I gape at Derek, who just smirks at me. "I'm sorry, but he has to leave if we're gonna talk." (y/n) snorts,

"It wasn't me who wanted to talk." I sigh and look away, resisting the urge to punch him and kiss her. I simply sit there until she groans and says to Derek, "Take a walk, D, this'll be quick." He rolls his eyes and gets up, heading around the rink. "What?"

"I told you on the phone, I can't function without you!" I beg. "Why did you leave? Why are you with that dirtbag?!" I blink a couple times to delay the tears.

"Dirtbag?" (y/n) scoffs. "You're just saying that cause you're jealous, you've never even talked to Derek!" But why did you leave? I ask inside my mind. Why aren't we happy together?

"But--" I start, but it's to no avail. (y/n) is obviously upset as she exclaims,

"And I left because I couldn't take your schedule one more minute, and you acted like it was fine! Like nothing is happening, like I'm not being left alone half the time!" She stops for a moment to catch her breath, and I suck in my breath.

"You dealt with it for over 2 years, what happened?" I ask quietly. "I still love you, but I can't quit my career to be with you."

"You didn't seem to notice my loneliness anymore," she hisses. "I'm leaving." (y/n) stands up to go, and I match her movements. I grab her arm and remark,

"Wait." She looks a bit frustrated and angry, but it soon turned to surprise as I grab her face in my hands and kiss her. I move my lips against hers roughly, the way she always liked, and finally I get her to kiss back. (y/n) backs up until she's pinned to the glass, and I grab her waist as we make out.

"Get the f*ck off her!" I hear Derek shout, but we ignore him as we pull away, panting.

"Please, give me a chance to make it right, to make you feel like you're the only thing that matters," I whisper, and she nods, answering softly,

"One chance, Torey. One."