#40 Tuukka Rask

"Radioactive"- Imagine Dragons

******

Today's the day I've been waiting for, my chance to see if I'll spend the rest of my life with (y/n). Well, sort of. I'm going to get her father's blessing so I can propose to her this Friday evening.

As I step out of my car my hands are shaking, and I bite my lip to steady my breathing. "It's gonna be fine, he'll say yes," I whisper to myself in my native Finnish. "Stop stressing." I take a deep breath as I knock on the door to the house.

"Oh hello Tuukka!" Mrs. (y/l/n) exclaims, pulling me into a hug before letting me inside. "Is (y/n) with you?" I shake my head, explaining,

"No, she's at work, I just wanted to...to keep, er, get her father's blessing." We sit down in the couch, and she grins widely.

"You're proposing to my little girl? Oh wow if I was her father I'd say yes in a heartbeat! You're such a wonderful man, Tuukka, (y/n) is lucky to have you." Her mom is thrilled, that's good for me, right?

"What's going on in here?" Mr. (y/l/n) walks in the living room, and he does not look happy to see me.

"Tuukka just came to talk to you, (y/f) don't get all worked up," (y/m) soothes, but he's not impressed. I bite the inside of my cheek as he says,

"About what? All I need to hear is that he broke up with (y/n) and I'll be happy." Ouch.

"(y/f)!" Mrs. (y/l/n) exclaims. "Don't be rude!" He snorts, sitting in a chair across from me.

"Talk," he grumbles. I take in a deep breath, telling him,

"Well, I've been with (y/n) for nearly four years, and I've been thinking about proposing to her. I just wanted to get your blessing first though, per tradition, Mr. (y/l/n)." He simply states at me, eyeing me suspiciously. I look down at my lap as he begins,

"First off, I never liked the idea of my daughter being with an athlete, especially one who isn't there for a greater percent of the year. Secondly, I'm afraid she'll be corrupted by the dirty ways of hockey players. I just don't think it's a good idea, Mr. Rask, so I say no." (y/m)'s jaw drops as he gets up and walks away, and I feel like someone crushes my heart.

"You can't deny (y/n) her future with a wonderful man like Tuukka!" She protests, following after him.

"I just did." She huffs angrily as he shuts himself in his office, and walks back to me with a sad look on her face.

"I'm sorry," Mrs. (y/l/n) murmurs, not looking at me. I sigh, blinking several times so I won't cry in front of her. "I'll try to convince him." I nod,

"Well, it was nice to see you."

"Nice to see you too, sweetheart." I wave and get up to go, heading home to where (y/n) should be returning soon. As I walk in the tears finally begin to fall, and I collapse on the couch, crying.

I don't know what to do but let the tears flow, and as (y/n) walks in I run to the bedroom. "Tuukka?" She asks, and I shove my face in a pillow.

"I'm going to bed!" I shout, and I hear her sigh.

"Alright, just don't forget to wash up first." I don't move, and hours later when (y/n) climbs in bed next to me I'm in the exact same position. "Tuukka?" She asks gently, rubbing my back. "Wanna change into something clean?" I shake my head and roll over, simply tugging off my shirt.

"I'm tired," I groan. "Go to bed." She wraps her arms around my waist and presses her face into my back. (y/n) quietly questions,

"You known you can tell me anything, right?" I nod, sighing as I remember what her father told me. 'I just don't think it's a good idea...' I try to breath quickly, but nothing can stop the tears from returning.

"He said no!" I gasp, rolling back over and hugging (y/n) tightly. "He said no..." I bury my face in her hair as she rubs my back, whispering,

"Who said no? To what?"

"Your father," I get out between the tears and coughs. "He said...he said we can't get married." I can tell she's shocked as she stiffens, pulling my head back to look at me. (y/n) looks upset as she growls,

"Don't listen to him, he can't mess with us!" I grin as she continues, "We're gonna get married no matter what, Tuukka, nothing can stop us!" I reach over to the bedside table and pull a small box out of the drawer.

"Then marry me," I say, looking up at her and opening the box as we sit up together. "Spend the rest of your life with me, we don't have to listen to anyone, just me and you." (y/n) has tears in her eyes as she nods, murmuring,

"Yes, yes I will." I shakily slide the ring on her finger as she tackles me and kisses me roughly. "You're mine now," she giggles, and I laugh.

"No, you are mine."