Chapter 5- The Mysterious Diary

Caleb looked at Diya with a sly grin, "Now that I've given you the scoop, I need a little favour in return."

Diya rolled her eyes and said, "Oh great, what do you want now? My firstborn child?"

Caleb chuckled and replied, "No, no. It's just a small thing."

As she made her way back to the Victorian house with Caleb, Diya couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. She quickly brushed off the thoughts that were bothering her and tried to focus on the present moment. 

"What did you want me to do for you, Caleb? Diya asked him curiously.

Caleb took a deep breath and spoke, "I-" Suddenly they were interrupted by a familiar voice calling out her name," Diya! 

Turning towards the house, she saw Tabitha and Brianne standing at the entrance. Diya was surprised to see them together, as they were known for their constant bickering and fighting. But before she could say anything, Tabitha rushed towards her with open arms, enveloping her in a tight embrace. The warmth of her friend's hug was a welcome comfort, and for a moment, Diya forgot about her earlier worries.

"Damn, girl, I missed you!" Tabitha uttered as she loosened her hug. 

"I missed you too, Tabi. Ramon brought you here?" Diya asked with a grin.

"Yeah, he left us and went for his client meeting," Tabitha replied with a sigh.

Diya turned to Brianne and said, "I didn't know you were interested in hanging out with us."

Brianne replied, "Oh yeah, I just love spending time with people who don't appreciate my sarcasm."

Diya chuckled and said, "Well, we'll just have to learn to appreciate it then." 

Tabitha whispered to Diya, "Who is that?" as she looked at Caleb.

"That is Caleb Baxter," Diya responded with a mischievous glimmer in her eyes. "A realtor of this town. We actually met this morning. Quite a charming fellow!"

As the group of people gazed at Caleb with curious eyes, he seemed to sense their interest and turned his head towards them. His face lit up with a warm smile that revealed a set of perfectly white teeth, and his sparkling blue eyes seemed to twinkle with joy. The way he carried himself exuded confidence and warmth, making everyone around him feel at ease. It was hard not to get drawn in by his charm and charisma.

With a nod and a smile, Caleb approached the girls, looking effortlessly stylish yet approachable, "Hello there," he greeted them warmly.

Tabitha and Diya shared a surprised glance, their thoughts mirrored on their faces, "Actually, we were just curious about the house itself," Tabitha replied, her voice quivering slightly.

Caleb chuckled, and his eyes twinkled mischievously, "Ah, well, in that case, allow me to give you a tour myself."

  "Are you giving them a tour of my house?" Diya sarcastically asked.

"At least he offered," Brianne replied, teasing Diya's words.

Tabitha was about to unleash her inner Hulk on Brianne, but Diya stepped in like a boss and saved the day. Brianne was toeing the line, too, but Diya wasn't about to let the night turn into a WWE match. It was a close call, but thankfully, Diya's ninja skills prevented any drama. 

Brianne grinned mischievously as Tabitha gasped in disbelief and whispered, "Girl, do you have a boyfriend or not? Why are you flirting with Caleb?"

Without missing a beat, Brianne replied with a wink, "Well, he's not here, is he?"