Chapter 23- Lost in the Silent Realm

Caleb's anxious voice echoed through the mysterious mansion as he called out for Diya. His heart raced as he imagined the worst-case scenario. What if she had decided to explore the forbidden basement again? What if she had stumbled upon something dangerous or sinister?

The mansion seemed to amplify his fears, its creaking walls and eerie silence amplifying his distress. It had always been a place shrouded in mystery, with hidden passages and secret rooms that seemed to hold a dark secret. Caleb had always felt a sense of foreboding within its walls, but now, with Diya missing, his anxiety reached new heights.

He hurriedly made his way to her room, the sound of his footsteps echoing through the silent hallways. Each step seemed to echo louder than before, intensifying his fear. The flickering candlelight only made the shadows dance and play tricks on his mind, heightening his sense of unease.

As he pushed open the door, his eyes scanned the dimly lit room, searching for any sign of her. The moonlight seeped through the curtains, casting an ethereal glow upon the room. The air was heavy with anticipation as he tiptoed towards her bed.

Finally, he spotted her, lying peacefully on the bed, her chest rising and falling with each gentle breath. A wave of relief washed over him, easing the knots in his stomach. He watched her for a moment, the softness of her features bringing him solace.

Caleb let out a quiet sigh of relief, careful not to disturb her slumber. He tiptoed towards the door and closed it softly, his mind finally at ease. The weight upon his heart lifted, replaced by a warmth that he hadn't felt in a long time.

The sight of Diya, safe and sound in her room, filled him with a sense of gratitude and relief that he had not felt in a long time. As he walked back down the silent hallways, the mansion seemed less menacing, its secrets less daunting. Caleb realized that in his relentless worrying, he had forgotten to trust in the strength and resilience of those he cared

Little did he know that while she was sound asleep, she was trapped in a horrifying nightmare. She was struggling to break free from the clutches of her slumber, but it seemed as though some unknown force was holding her back. She attempted to move her toes in a bid to rouse herself, but her efforts were futile. Suddenly, her chest tightened, making it incredibly difficult to breathe. As much as she tried to awaken from her nightmare, Diya felt completely paralyzed, unable to move a single muscle.

Diya was convinced that the dream she was having was finally drawing to a close. However, little did she know that it was just the beginning of a terrifyingly harrowing journey that she could never have fathomed. She desperately yearned to scream out the names of her dear friends Tabitha, Caleb, and Brian in the hopes that they would jolt her awake like a snow globe shaken vigorously. Alas, her voice was barely audible, even to her own ears.

Caleb slowly sank into the luxurious cushions of the living room couch, relishing the sensation of the plush material enveloping him in a warm embrace. After a long day at work, he craved the comfort and tranquillity of his favourite spot. As he closed his eyes, he could hear the distant sounds of footsteps from the floor above, muffled by the soft carpeting. A few moments later, he heard the creaking of the staircase as Brian descended, his face beaming with a radiant smile that lit up the room.

"Hey, Caleb!" Brian greeted, waving his hand enthusiastically.

As soon as Caleb noticed Brian's arrival, his face lit up with a bright smile. Without hesitation, he warmly invited Brian to join him on the cosy couch. Brian eagerly accepted the invitation and settled in beside Caleb, feeling comfortable and at ease. The two close friends started chatting about their day, their voices filling the room with a lively and engaging conversation that kept them both absorbed for hours.

Upstairs in her room, Diya lay motionless and unresponsive, as if trapped in a coma. Though her eyes were open, they lacked their usual brightness, and her body was completely still. She was unable to move or speak as if she was lost in another realm, completely cut off from the world around her.

Diya's fingers were numbing, and her feet were no longer feeling the ground beneath them. She tried to scream out, to call for help, but the silence around her was all-consuming, swallowing her voice whole. Her vocal cords produced no sound, leaving her feeling utterly powerless and alone. Fear began to claw at her gut, and in the midst of it, Diya caught sight of a faint light flickering in the distance, a beacon of hope amidst the darkness.
_______________________________________________________________

💕Do you have any idea what Diya could be dreaming about that she wants to run away from so badly? It sounds like something serious.