Chapter 27- The Haunting Melody

"We need to help Diya!" Brian exclaimed, his voice filled with nervousness and fear as he observed her deteriorating condition.

Tabitha responded urgently, "First, we have to snap Caleb out of whatever trance he's in!"

As Brian desperately tried to bring Caleb back to his senses, Diya's screams of agony only grew louder. With each passing moment, her pain intensified until she eventually lost consciousness, unable to endure the excruciating pain in her abdomen. Acting swiftly, Tabitha swiftly dragged Diya's limp body away from the room.

Brian struggled to break Caleb free from his possession, but his efforts proved futile. Despite Tabitha's pleas for Brian to abandon Caleb and assist in carrying Diya, he remained resolute in trying to snap Caleb back to reality. He resorted to slapping and attempting to snatch the Book of Shadows from Caleb's grasp, but Caleb's strength proved undefeatable, forcefully pushing Brian out of the room.

"Brian, are you okay?" Tabitha rushed over to Brian with a worried expression etched on her face.

Brian gave a slight nod, and with great effort, he tried to get up from his chair. He turned to Tabitha, who was sitting next to him, and instructed her to stay with Diya until he returned with Caleb from the other room. Tabitha hesitated for a moment but then nodded her head in agreement. She walked back to Diya's unconscious body and stood there, watching Brian with a worried expression as he entered the room.

Brian's heart was pounding against his chest as he watched Caleb, lost in a strange trance. He knew that the cursed Book of Shadows was to blame for his friend's strange behaviour. With a sudden burst of energy, Brian forcefully grabbed the book from Caleb's hand, causing the pages to tear in half.

The room was eerily silent, except for the sound of the pages ripping apart. As the two halves of the book fell to the ground, Brian noticed a candle burning on an altar beside Diya's photo. He had heard stories of vengeful spirits that could possess the living and he couldn't shake the feeling that something sinister was at play.

In a desperate attempt to break Caleb's trance, Brian rushed towards the altar, determined to burn the half of the book in his hand. The flickering light of the candle cast dark shadows across the room and Brian couldn't help but feel like he was being watched by something otherworldly.

As Brian extended his hand towards the candle, a sudden gust of wind blew the flame out. The room fell into darkness, and Brian's heart skipped a beat. He knew that there was no window or draft in the room, but the chill that ran down his spine made him realize that he was not alone.

As he looked around, he felt a sense of dread creeping over him, and he couldn't shake off the feeling that a malevolent spirit was present in the room with him. Brian stood frozen, unable to move, his mind racing with fear of the unknown.

As Brian stepped into the room, darkness enveloped him. The only sound he could hear was a continuous chanting, a low murmur that seemed to come from every corner of the room. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he saw Caleb sitting on the floor nearby.

Although he couldn't see Caleb clearly, he knew he was still there due to the faint outline of his body. With a strong sense of determination, Brian picked up the torn book that lay nearby and walked back towards Caleb, his footsteps echoing in the silent room. He sat down beside him and opened the book, the pages rustling in the stillness.          

"Take it and go! Leave Caleb's body right now!" Brian's voice was filled with frustration and anxiety as he spoke.

Despite Brian's desperate plea, the chanting continued, growing louder and more ominous with each passing moment, echoing through the walls of the dark and eerie basement. Caleb seemed to have completely lost himself in his trance-like state, his body moving in a frenzied and disturbing way.

Brian felt a shiver run down his spine as he looked at Caleb, who seemed to be possessed by an unknown force. He tried to shake Caleb out of his trance, but his efforts were in vain.

Suddenly, Tabitha's voice could be heard from the end of the basement, but it sounded different, almost unrecognizable. It was as if something had taken over her voice, sending chills down Brian's spine and making his heart race with fear.

"Brian, we really need to leave now! The walls are closing in on us!" Tabitha yelled with a sense of urgency in her voice.

As Brian surveyed his surroundings, his eyes widened in horror as he realized that the walls were slowly but surely closing in on them. His heart raced with fear, and he knew that he had to act fast. Summoning all the courage and strength he could muster, he lunged forward to pull Caleb out of the basement room.

Despite his best efforts, he could feel Caleb's weight bearing down heavily on his shoulders, making his task even more difficult. Nonetheless, he pressed on, determined to save them both from the impending doom that seemed to loom ever closer with each passing moment.   

Brian struggled to carry Caleb out of the room while Tabitha held onto Diya's weak body as they climbed up the stairs. The walls seemed to be closing in on them, and the stairs creaked ominously under their weight. Brian could hear Caleb's strange chants from the Book of Shadows echoing in his ears, sending shivers down his spine.

He knew that Caleb had to stop, but the dark and eerie surroundings made it seem like they were being watched by some malevolent force. The fear of the unknown gripped them, and they hurriedly searched for a safe place to put Caleb before something else could happen.

As the walls began closing in from the basement, Brian quickly instructed Tabitha to evacuate the mansion. He knew that the marble floor was already cracking under the immense pressure. Concerned for Brianne's safety, Tabitha asked whether she should also leave her room, which was already in a state of chaos.

Without wasting any time, Brian rushed to Brianne's room, making sure to place Caleb safely on the couch before doing so.

Tabitha stood in the dimly lit room, anxiously waiting for Caleb to return. Diya was by her side, but even her presence failed to calm Tabitha's nerves. Suddenly, Caleb who was holding the cursed book in his hand with his back straightened, his eyes fixed on the book was chanting the mantras with a serene expression on his face.

Tabitha shuddered as she watched him, for it seemed as though he was possessed by something otherworldly. The book appeared to have a hold on him, and the words he spoke were not of this world. Fear gripped Tabitha's heart as she wondered what horrors lay ahead.

The ominous chanting grew louder and louder, echoing through the grand halls of the mansion. With each passing moment, the marble floor beneath Tabitha's feet trembled and cracked, threatening to give way at any moment. She felt a sense of dread rise within her as she urgently urged Brian to hurry up and get them out of there before it was too late.

Then, Tabitha caught sight of Brian carrying Brianne on his shoulders. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end as she braced herself for whatever horror may come their way.

_______________________________________________________________

💕Are you on the edge of your seat wondering if Caleb will finally stop chanting from the Book of Shadows? And what about Diya? Can she survive the chaos that surrounds her? Let's find out together!