1.01

✦*ೃ༄

*ೃ

Hana and the male figure not too far behind her were now in a sprinting match. She didn't have a chance to even think about what was happening as she ran with everything she could. Any thoughts of going to the department store and fixing her stove were obviously gone as her eyes scowered the horizon. Her first thought was to find people, though there were no houses nearby, and all the shops on the street she dashed through were closed for the night.

She lost hope as she realized she was headed in the direction of nowhereness, the only thing for miles in that path being an abandoned warehouse, one she'd always seen, but never entered. She set her sights on it in the distance, it was now almost a mile away.

She pushed herself, void of a plan. If there was no way to enter the warehouse, she'd give up. But for now, she had to create some distance, so that as soon as she entered, she could find a place to hide. But when she looked over her shoulder, the metallic shine of a knife in her chaser's hand supplied her with enough adrenaline to get the hell away from him.

Finally she was there, the man not too far behind her, leaving her with not much time to find a way in. She immediately went for the door she could see--and it was locked. Running to the back of the building, she found a garage opening, the door slightly lifted. Wasting no more time, she got onto her stomach and slid underneath the opening.

It was dark, she couldn't see much except a set of stairs. Trying to keep her footsteps light, she speedily traveled up. As she reached the top, she heard a soft grunt down the stairs. She looked down and her stomach formed a pit. The man was sliding under the same opening. She luckily hadn't been spotted yet and found herself in fromt of various doors. She went to the door farthest from the stairs, and luckily it was unlocked, and even more luckily it had a lock. So as quietly as she could, she shut the door and clicked it locked.

She looked at her phone, finally being able to use it. As soon as the screen illuminated her wallpaper, it went out. Her phone died when she needed it most. She began losing hope of escaping that man.

There wasn't much in the room except a large bookshelf and many boxes, large and medium. She pushed the largest box she could in front of the door, to create as much of a barrier as she could. There was a window in the furthest corner from the door, providing the room soft illumination to just barely see her surroundings. She could jump from the window, hypothetically at least. But that would leave her injured in some way, and slow her down, possibly getting her caught, so she could only wait.

Wait for the man to leave, wait for help to unrealistically arrive, or wait until she was caught. She looked around the room for something to defend herself with, but the only thing that could be useful were books.