1.21

✦*ೃ༄

✦*ೃ༄

For whatever reason, Hana's stomach formed a pit as their car approached the mansion lively with guests. She wasn't worried about her own safety--that would be illogical, as she was staying in the car with Renjun the entire time. Maybe she was worried for the Seven, but that was also illogical, as they've been doing this for years, so they should all come out unscathed. She brushed off her feelings as just that: feelings, very conflicting ones.

They arrived in two different cars. Hana rode with Chenle, who was in the driver's seat, Renjun, who was also at the front, and Haechan who accompanied her in the back seats. While the two in the front chatted about whatever occupied them, Haechan made up for his and Hana's lost time earlier by finding a random version of air hockey online, the two ending up finding it difficult to play due to the app's crappy quality. But now that the car came to a halt as Chenle parked, their game completely froze from the loss of internet service.

She and Renjun bid their goodbyes to Haechan and Chenle who exitted the car to meet with the other Sevens who had just pulled in and eventually head inside.

It wasn't completely dark yet, though it was soon to be. The skies were painted golden and a vibrant pink, slowly being replaced by the dark blue hues freckled with beaming stars.

Saying nothing to the girl who remained in the back seat, Renjun opened his laptop and placed it onto the dashboard. He next placed what looked like a box speaker with flips and switches, onto the seat which Chenle previously occupied. He tampered with some of the switches, before leaving it alone to type some coding into his laptop.

"What's that for?" Hana pointed to the box that sat on the driver's seat. Renjun stopped clicking around on his laptop, seemingly internally debating whether the girl was worth giving a response to. He sighed.

"They're putting earpieces in. The service around here is shitty so this is the only way I can communicate with them."

"Ah." Hana nodded, although he couldn't see.

"Renjun, can you hear us?" A voice coming from the box, a voice that sounded much like Haechan's, asked.

Renjun held down a button and responded, giving them a quick 'yes.'

Hana looked down at her phone. She'd be bored out of her mind for the next few hours since there's no internet.

But by the time she looked into Renjun's laptop that still sat on the dashboard, she could see CCTV footage of everything that was happening inside the building. She observed in awe as Renjun clicked through each room. There was a lot of people attending, around the same amount as those who attended the gala.

"I can practically feel you breathing on my back."

Hana froze, backing up a little bit after not realizing how much she leaned in to see the laptop. "Sorry."