1.04

✦*ೃ༄

*ೃ

Sunshine poured into the room through the window that was halfway covered by the draping curtain as Hana extended her arms over her head and yawned with a good morning stretch. Her eyes fluttered open before she examined the room. It only took her a moment to remember how she ended up in that unfamiliar, and very gender neutral room.

Feeling around for her phone on the bed, she fished it out of the blankets and looked at the time. It was later into the morning, almost before noon, and she could smell breakfast foods that she began yearning for in the moment, which had likely traveled through the ventilations. She sat in the bed for some minutes after, feeling too afraid to leave sanctuary of the guest room and make her presence re-known to these strangers she met not even a day prior.

After her teeth were brushed, she changed into some more clothes Chenle had generously lended to her the night before, being some baggier sweatpants and a fitted tee.

Placing her hand on the door knob and pausing momentarily, she finally exited her room, using memory cues to find her way to the kitchen. As she arrived, she found herself meeting eyes with Renjun, Haechan, Jaemin, and Chenle who sat at the island counter. Politely bidding the four a good morning, she took a seat at the very end next to Chenle, who she found herself to be the most comfortable with, though not by a lot.

Luckily the atmosphere wasn't interrupted by her presence, as they acknowledged her and continued their prior conversation as Chenle stood to fix Hana a plate of what he and Haechan cooked for the rest.

Renjun chuckled sarcastically at the sight. "Gonna spoonfeed her too?"

Chenle rolled his eyes, looking over at Hana, mouthing a slick, ignore him before placing the plate of fresh food in front of her. The latter laughed awkwardly, and of course thanked Chenle.

Jaemin looked over at the instigator, Renjun, who didn't look back as he stabbed at his food with the fork. "It's too early to act like this. This is Jungwoo's sister."

"Her being related to one of our members means absolutely nothing to me." Renjun retorted, not giving a care that Hana, the subject of his words, sat not too far from him.

"Arguably it should." Haechan stated matter-of-factly. He, though, wasn't bothered by Renjun's drama, almost like it was a normality.

"Oh, come on. We met her--not even twenty four hours ago--yet we're expected to welcome her into this house like nothing's wrong?"

Jaemin exhaled sharply, only hoping Hana wasn't taking anything Renjun said, to heart. "You're the only who seems to disagree with the idea. And anyways, she's Jungwoo's family and therefore our family."

Hana, being referred to as their family, so soon, made her feel warm, only to be ruined by Renjun once again.

"Uhh, no. Just because she--"

"Who shoved a stick up your ass this morning?" Jisung cut Renjun off as he entered the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water.

Renjun remained in his defensive position, even knowing it was now one against four. "Nobody, I just--"

Jisung cut the older's words short once again. "Then please, shut up and eat your food."

Renjun finally decided to stay quiet, knowing he wouldn't win that conversation at that point. Thankfully it didn't go silent after that account. They, excluding the overhearing Hana, emersed in a conversation about plans they had for later that day, only seemingly forgetting the guest they had, sitting at the end of the table.

What they discussed, however, was another mission they had to partake in later. From what Hana gathered, it was expected to be a physically demanding task, which they dreaded while also looked forward to.

Since all seven were expected to be leaving, this would leave Hana home alone, giving her the opportunity to explore the mansion. It was ginormous, having many different kinds of rooms that she caught glimpse of as she made her way to the kitchen and much more she hadn't seen yet. But Hana couldnt help but feel like an outsider--an intruder of some sort. She was only sticking around for Jungwoo, she reminded herself. He was expected to come back by today.

According to Chenle, he was out in Busan on a duo mission with some person named Jaehyun, and Jungwoo made arrangements to leave as soon as he heard his sister was with them.

*ೃ

Later into the day, after the sun set respectively, Hana was now home alone, not without Jaemin reminding her that there were multiple security systems set in place, and him adding all seven members' phone numbers into her phone, just incase.

Hana now did what she'd been anticipating all day and explored the home. There was a spacious office that could accommodate many people at once, an in-home gym, a backyard with a pool and much more, a theater room, two kitchens, one on the main floor and another on the upstairs, a game room--composed of a pool table, air hockey table and a bowling lane--also a library, and still more she had yet to see.

As she flipped through a random book she picked from the shelf, being a world history novel, she heard a voice from downstairs, calling her name. It sounded familiar. She tiptoed out of the library and peeked over the ledge of the foyer, seeing Doyoung standing at the front door, holding it open for another person.

She padded down the stairs and smiled at the man. He, in return, greeted her with a smile, asking her how her arm was doing. Truth be told, she was still in pain. Even just moving her arms in the slightest caused a tight pain. But that wasn't the answer Doyoung cared for. He only wanted to know if it was healing or not, which it thankfully was.

It was only then that she noticed the figure beside Doyoung. He had a youthful face, almost reminding her of a dumpling. He introduced himself as Taeil. Doyoung paid his respects to Taeil, acknowledging to Hana that Taeil is better in the medical aspect than he is, so he allowed the latter to take over.

So as Taeil had Hana sat on the couch, once assessing her arms, he was pleased to tell her the infection was passing, and soon the pain should be gone too. He came prepared with a steroid cream that would speed up the healing process while also relieving pain.

He wrapped her arms once more, this time with plastic wrap as opposed to gauze, so the topical treatments could be better absorbed by the skin while still providing a protective layer.

"Thank you, Taeil." Hana appreciated him.

"You're welcome, and make sure that if anything concerning comes into contact with this skin, rinse it off immedi-"

The man was interrupted by a voice, a loud one, coming from the foyer.

"Where is she?" Loud, and strong-willed. Hana could only recognize it to be one person. Though it was deeper than she last remembered it, it was evident who exactly it was.

She stood, and before Taeil and Doyoung could process, she was no longer in the room. In the center of the foyer he stood, looking around until his eyes met hers. It was him.

"Jungwoo?"