1.03

✦*ೃ༄

*ೃ

Chenle decided against questioning anything, including why there was an unfamiliar woman in the van with them. He shifted around in his seat and began the drive. Jisung glared at Haechan from across the van, which the latter soon noticed.

"What the fuck, guys. I didn't know there was an innocent in the building, stop blaming me." The member spat defensively, feeling as though the world was against him in that moment. But there were more pressing matters than who, if any, were at blame for the now injured Jisung and Hana.

"Speaking of, who the hell is she anyway?" A member asked what the other four were thinking, much to their content.

"Don't be so hostile, Jeno." Jaemin scolded the older. He tapped Hana's knee, who sat right beside him. "That right there is Mark, he's our leader," the one named Mark gave her a courteous nod. "That one driving is Chenle, that's Jeno," he kept introducing, Hana following along. "That's Haechan," the one mentioned gave Hana a simple wave, "there's Renjun," the one mentioned spared Hana a glare. "Ignore him I guess. And finally, I'm Jaemin and that's Jisung." Jisung said nothing as he looked out the window of the moving van.

"Do you have somewhere safe to go?" The authoritative Mark asked, leaning in toward his subject.

"I live at the apartment complex just down the street." Hana answered, the first words she'd spoken in a while, it felt.

"And you ended up all the way here, how?"

The questionnaire made her feel at unease. Regardless of if it were Mark's intention, she felt as though she were interrogated of a crime. "I was walking to the department store, and I ended up being chased by a random man with a knife, so I snuck into that building back there to hide."

"At night, you decided to go for this walk?" He asked once again, and Hana made a note of how prominent his eye contact was.

"Well, it's a relatively safe area." Hana shrugged, though she quickly wished she didn't, as she didn't want to come off as rude or dismissive. Mark fought back every urge to call her stupid.

"We'll have you dropped off, then." He once more leaned his back against the wall of the van dropping the matter. He didn't know this girl, and therefore could not care any less of her whereabouts. As long as he got her home safely, she'd not be his liability.

"Hey," the one named Haechan called for her attention, "what's your name?"

"Kim Hana." As soon as the words left her mouth, the van broke into an unbearable silence as nobody, including Haechan, replied, soon leaving Hana wondering if she'd said something wrong. The young men looked among one another. This even caught the attention of those who paid no mind of her existence among them.