1.08

✦*ೃ༄

*ೃ

After the voting, the group dispersed to different corners of the mansion, with the exception of Mark, Haechan, and Hana who'd remained at the table. Notably, Jeno and Renjun traveled to the upstairs lounge and were now engaged in a video game, however, the mind of the latter wandered elsewhere.

Despite his hands navigating mechanically over the controller, the overthinker Renjun was distracted. He couldn't shake the discomfort of how he was expected to be okay with Hana attending alongside them. What puzzled him the most was how the majority of his members seemed to accept her in so quickly. Sure, she was Jungwoo's sister, but to him, that didn't justify her sudden inclusion. It felt as though they were opening their arms to a stranger into their tightly-knit circle without hesitation.

Mark seemed to think she could be a potential asset to this mission, and no matter how hard Renjun tried, he couldn't see why. This prompted him to speak his mind: "Don't you think it's too far, inviting Hana along?" He questioned. "Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen."

Jeno began growing frustrated at Renjun's never ending disagreement. "I'm not giving my opinion on this. Mark made the call, and you know he's not revoking that."

"I don't trust it, and I don't trust her being involved in any of this," the older said, refusing to accept defeat, "this isn't some game, our entire mission could be at stake."

"Fucking drop it." The younger snapped.

"Whatever." Renjun finally dismissed the conversation. Instead of pressing anyone about it anymore, he'd wait it out until something went disastrously wrong at the gala, and he'd rub it in their faces that he was right all along.

"And don't be surprised if Jisung decides to rock your shit one day. We're not gonna help you, it's long overdue," Jeno warned.

"Oh no," Renjun threw his hands up sarcastically, "my brothers won't be there to defend me, I'm doomed!" He laughed. "He's got like five inches of height on me and suddenly I should fear him?"

"A few pounds too," Jeno informs, "but would you stop pushing his buttons? The house has been peaceful lately and I don't want any chaos, especially when Hana is here."

"If it bothers her, she could leave. Nobody's obligating her to stay."

Jeno grabbed the closest pillow to him and threw it at the older, landing dutifully on his face.

"And what do you mean, 'pushing his buttons?'" Renjun asked, "Me taunting Hana affects him? Does he like her or something?"

"Fuck if I know." Jeno shrugged. "Just remind yourself that Jisung has never been the type to let shit slide."

"I just wanna see how far I can go with this, I guess." Renjun admitted honestly.

"Suit yourself, just don't be surprised when you remember how strong his right hook is." The younger was half joking and half serious.

*ೃ

As for Mark, Haechan and Hana, they never left the table as Mark explained how the mission would be and Haechan sat by.

"Right, so this gala only happens every few years meaning there's limited opportunities for us to get this file--no pressure though, it will go smoothly."

But contrary to Mark's words, Hana felt immensely pressured, though it was too late to back out now.

"Not much happens during this event, just chatting and catching up, probably some gambling too. WayV and 127 are busy this week, so we'll be there to represent all of NCT."

"As for the way the building is structured, there are three floors, mainly everyone will be on the ground floor and second floor. The second floor has railings for you to look over and see down to the ground floor. There's two kitchens, one on the ground floor and another on the second floor, they're both connected with stairs inside the kitchen, so you won't necessarily need to use the main stairs, unless you're going to the third floor, which eventually you'll need to. The problem is, that third floor is off limits--that's a known thing. It's not necessarily guarded, but you or pretty much anyone will be flagged suspicious to go up to that floor."

"In one of those rooms on the third floor, there's an important file we need access to. There isn't much we know about it, other than there's a file cabinet at the room furthest from the stairs. I don't even know if the files are labeled, but we need anything that may pertain to weapons."

"Your role in all of this will be to serve drinks and smile. There will be chefs preparing food in the kitchen, however the ladies serving drinks will be allowed back there to refill on bottles and whatnot. Don't stay in the kitchen too long to avoid raising suspicion. Once the food is prepared, it will be brough onto the ground floor through buffet carts, and everyone will be there, meaning the second floor should be empty by then."

"That's when you'll make your way up to the third floor as to not be seen. Go to the room farthest from the stairs, and get the file. You'll have a fur coat with pockets on the inside to hold onto it. The ground floor kitchen has a back door to leave without being seen, so once the file is acquired and if all goes well, you're free to wait in the car for us."

Once Mark finished his rundown, Hana asked questions to best understand her task, to which Mark and Haechan answered in full.

One of her questions, was that if they, The Seven, were so respected and in power, she wondered why they couldn't just waltz up to the room and grab it without having to hide it.

Haechan told her it was for two reasons, that it may make them a target, and also it could completely spoil their following operations if word got out that they got access to the information in those files.

Another question Hana had, was precisely how many people would be in attendance, to which Mark answered there were typically one hundred, but this year they were expected to have more.

Hana settled into her room that night, thinking over what was expected over her the following day, hoping not to miss an important detail.