1.09

✦*ೃ༄

*ೃ

Comfortably so in her loungewear, Hana sat on her bed resting against her headboard. She could not sleep no matter how hard she tried.

It wasn't because she was nervous, or at least that's what she tried telling herself. She ultimately decided she would try another time to fall asleep, so she slowly stood and was going to walk to the light switch.

That was until a some firm knocks resonated from the door she stood nearly in front of. Skeptically, she opened the door, to be met with a taller figure. He was wearing a tank top and sweatpants, and Hana could notice his arms. His burns from the night they'd met had slowly been healing, though still undeniably there.

He wore the memories like sleeves, memories of himself rushing back inside the blazing warehouse to find the Hana who he'd only really known less than twenty minutes prior. That day was semi-permanently torched into his skin.

Hana's burns, on the other hand, would take longer to heal. Unlike Jisung who'd worn flame resistant clothing, she had on a cheap jacket that painfully melted into her skin and clung to her even after the fact.

Jisung looked into her eyes for a moment, then gazing down to her arms that made the two so similar, then back up to her eyes once more. "Is there any way I can convince you not to do this?" Though his voice was calm, there was the smallest tinge of frustration.

And almost instantly, she knew what he was referring to. "My mind is made." She was now curious what else he was there to talk to her about. This was the first time he'd approached her out of the blue like such.

"See me at the training room in ten minutes--someone should probably teach you self defense." He walked off.

Was this a pattern? She thought, as she noticed how frequently he'd leave without letting her get another word in.

When she entered the training room in a punctual ten minutes as Jisung asked, he was nowhere to be seen. She let her eyes scan the room, and she took notice of nothing in particular. Her surroundings were that of typical gym equipment and machines. She didn't bother changing into something rather athletic, as she assumed it would be a short meet up. She justified it by saying that normally in scenarios of self defense, you won't be wearing athletic clothes on the ready.

But in this moment of distraction, Hana was taken by surprise when she was placed into a firm headlock, pulling her against a body behind her.

Responding to this immediate threat, she began thrashing her upper body around and pried at the arms around her with her hands, attempting to free herself. This didn't work. Her mind began thinking of the worst possible scenario, and her heart pounded against her interiors, as if to put a hole straight through her chest.