1.18

✦*ೃ༄

✦*ೃ༄

The conference room that held Jungwoo was dimly lit, the soft glow of overhead lights casting long shadows over the large hosting table as he sat, fingers tapping rhythmically against the timbery wood.

His eyes were fixed on the screen of his phone, which lay illuminated in front of him, the only other source of light in the otherwise dim room. He waited impatiently for the screen to light up with a text or call from anyone, his mind racing with thoughts of what could be happening out in the streets.

Outside the room, the faint hum of activity could be heard as people moved about the headquarters, but inside, the atmosphere was tense and still. The quietness in the closed room was palpable, broken only by the soft sound of Jungwoo's tapping fingers, each tap echoing in the silent room.

"Have you really been sitting here just staring over the screen?"

Jungwoo looked over his shoulder. Taeyong entered, bearing two mugs off coffee and placing them on the timbery wood with a soft clink. The younger sighed, running a hand through his hair as he leaned back in his chair. "They're being too quiet," he replied, gesturing to the phone in front of him. "It's taking too long."

"We only sent them out an hour ago."

"And it's been an hour too long."

Around an hour ago, as mentioned, Taeyong sent out eight-or-so of his most available members to interrogate those who had attended the gala, for insight.

"You're being irrational." Taeyong chided, allthewhile grabbing his phone from the conference table, breaking Jungwoo from his eye-locked trance.

He migrated to the corner of the room where the sofa beheld, before taking a seat and resting his legs over the ottoman

"Ah, they finally texted." Taeyong alerted after some moment, making Jungwoo whip around in his chair.

"Who did?" Asked Jungwoo.

"Yangyang; they have a lead." Taeyong grinned. "The devil works fast, but Liu Yangyang and Park Jisung work faster." Evidently, the leader took pride in his members' diligence.

✦*ೃ༄

"Who's next on the list?" Jisung questions, focusing his eyes on the road as the two rode down the city's bustling freeway in his silver car. His dark hair tousled slightly, adding a pull to his already striking fingers.

The two, of all members sent out with the same goal, were moving the quickest and most efficiently with their interrogations. The two kept a conscientious note that time was of the essence and generally scarce, which was what helped them speed through the names on the list.

Yangyang sat beside him, expression focused as he studied the list of names they had compiled of a handful of people who attended the gala. Half of the names mentioned were already crossed off per each interrogation.