1.13

✦*ೃ༄

✦*ೃ༄

The sounds of terror from downstairs sent a chill throughout her body. The Seven and Hana walked toward the ledge to see what was causing the commotion downstairs. Chenle came up next to her, also peering downstairs.

Much to their dismay, the place was being swarmed with thirty or so men in bulletproof protective gear with automatic rifles strapped to their torso.

Terrified attendees hid behind sofas and other furniture, some making a risky dash to the kitchen. Amidst this, there was a man, one who Hana as well as the Seven could not identify. He had no protective gear nor weapons, but he seemed to be in control of this sudden disruption. He wore dressy clothes and a blazer, much like most of the male attendees. He looked no different from the rest.

Another one of the men in bulletproof gear stood beside the man and equipped his rifle, pointing it upward. He let loose many automatic bullets into the ceiling, managing to destroy some of the lighting fixtures. With the venue being so large and open, the echoes of the bullets fired completely amplified the sound. Hana's ears didn't ring this time.

Chenle grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the railing and out of sight from those who were downstairs. She was no a fright, moreso than earlier. The rest of the Seven still stood visible near the ledge, not caring if they were seen. They were waiting to see what the intention of the man was before they could spring into action.

One brave attendee emerged from his hiding place and made a run for the kitchen doors, though he could only make it halfway before being shot dead by several of the bulletproof-geared men. They resembled an army of some sort. The terror of this happening was followed by horrific shrieks and cries from some.

Though she didn't see what happened, Hana could imagine what it was--an innocent being shot dead. At this point, nothing could surprise her anymore.

The Seven got out their guns, preparing for any sort of confrontation. Whatever would happen, it would be a losing battle. Seven men with handheld pistols--except for Jeno, Chenle, and Jisung, who brought two guns; a pistol each as well as a medium-sized automatic assault weapon each. The Seven were unprepared for a shootout against thirty or so men in bulletproof gear with automatic firearms; the probability was not in their favor, though they would still give it their all, as it was in their nature.

A loud, commanding voice echoing through the venue broke the damp silence. "I'm not here to have anyone killed," he said, contradictory to his actions. It was the man in the suit who seemed to be in charge of the army-like men. "Someone here by the name of Kim Hana is attending, allegedly wearing a green silky dress and has been reportedly undertaking the role of serving drinks."

She stopped breathing, her throat went dry and her face went pale. Of all of the people or things they could be here for, it was for Hana. It made no sense, she was the least involved in this mess. She looked up around her. Many faces who seeked shelter on the second floor with them were looking at her, staring relentlessly.