1.19

✦*ೃ༄

✦*ೃ༄

All eyes in the now completely full conference room were glued to Taeyong with the booklet in his hands. The soft cover of said booklet was blank--no words, symbols, numbers, images, or anything. Huffing a dreadful sigh, he opened the booklet, examining the first page, then the second, third, fourth. A massive knot formed in his stomach as it took him no time to realize what exactly this booklet was.

He got to the fifth page, a mere one-third into the booklet, when he felt his heart stop beating for a moment. Formatted into a grid were four pictures of Jungwoo's poor, unsuspecting sister. In the first two, she was seemingly grocery shopping. In the second two, she sat under the hood of a bus stop. She didn't seem to spot the camera in either of these pictures.

At the bottom left corner of the page was basic information like her estimated height and weight, as well as hair color. Her five-digit assigned code was listed as 71914.

Slowly, the leader shut the booklet, plopping it onto the surface of the timbery conference table.

Jungwoo picked it up before anyone else could, and sought out the page Taeyong was recently on. Upon arrival, he couldn't believe his eyes. He felt like he failed himself and his mother for seeing his very own little sister in the first five pages of a human trafficking menu.

He slams the book onto the table and stands up, the momentum of his action pushing his rolling chair into a wall. He grabbed his jacket from the hook on the wall and left the conference room, needing some air.

Chenle is next to pick it up. The curious Jisung and Jaemin leaned over either shoulder of the boy to steal glance of the pages.

After the trio got a detailed look at page five, the booklet was snatched from them by none other than Kun, WayV's leader.

He handed the object to his member, instructing him to photograph and scan it so their evidence could be saved. The younger, Winwin, nodded and left the room to do exactly as he was told.

It only took some whispers across the room for the rest of the team to figure out what happened--or rather, what was inside the booklet.

Needless to say they were sickened. Yes, they were used to working around cases like these, but for one of the victims to be a relative of one of their own members, that was unreal.

Taeyong's thoughts that were spoken out loud cut through the atmosphere composed of quiet, bottomless discourse. "I don't understand how I've never realized he runs this sort of business," it was evident when the team's leader blamed himself, "I just assumed he did trade and underground sales. This is fucked." He met eyes with none of them, instead opting to stare into the timbery wood of the table.