1.15

✦*ೃ༄

✦*ೃ༄

Shit. She had to be quick to act. She couldn't inform Jeno, who was at the window beside her--no. That would take far too long to explain. In a matter a seconds, Jisung could be dead.

She refused to let him die, especially not after the way he just saved her ass from Sangmin, or the time he went back to save her in a burning building. Surely he was an asshole, but it was Hana's turn to step up and return the favor of saving him.

She aimed her gun straight at the geared man that targetted Jisung. She had one shot to do this, to hit the man in a spot where he wasn't protected by thick gear. She straightened out her elbows, and tensed her body to hopefully get a more accurate shot, and at last, she pulled the trigger.

It landed straight into the man's jaw, where he wasn't protected by gear. His body jerked backward before he collapsed to the floor, almost instantly deceased.

Her face twisted in discomfort at the sight as she lowered her gun slowly. She had never killed a person before. None of this was supposed to happen. Everything was supposed to sail smoothly with her in disguise as a drink server who would, unbeknownst to the general population of the event, grab the files. Yet somehow they ended up being victim to an attempt of a massacre. But she could only thank the universe for the fact that she was able to save Jisung.

Jisung, on the other hand, was stunned. He was too busy in his attempt of taking out one of the geared men who were targetting Chenle, to realize that he himself was being targeted. He looked over his shoulder to see who could have saved him. That's when he caught a glimpse of Hana's beamy smile, and realized it was her. He looked in front of him again, peering over the couch, before looking over his shoulder at Hana again. This time, his expression was unreadable, but nonetheless different.

Everything happened in slow-motion for Hana. Jisung shouted something to her, something that she couldn't audibly make out. The sounds of gunshots firing, which had slowed down, made it hard to hear. But she was able to read his lips and put two and two together. He was telling her to get down.

That was when she realized something--three geared men from different areas of the room hadcaught glimpse of her, and began aiming their guns at her. Hana's body went cold.

Before she could react, her arm got yanked, pulling her upper body down onto the ground. Her back was now touching the grassy ground beneath her, and beside her was Jeno who was responsible for dragging her out of sight from the window.

She was fortunate that he did. Within a split second, numerous bullets flew out of the window, piercing into the distance. Those bullets were meant to strike her, and had Jeno not acted quick enough, she would have been good as dead.

"Stay there." He gritted his teeth impatiently, before repositioning himself at his open window as he and the others shot down the geared men who made an attempt on Hana's life.