1.12

✦*ೃ༄

✦*ೃ༄

Once finally reaching the top of the stairs to the third floor without being caught, she heaved a sigh of relief. She was finally able to do her role.

The only catch was that she had to be as quick as possible. Once done eating, the guests would gradually begin coming upstairs, and if anyone were to see her come downstairs from the third floor--Hana couldn't think of what would happen, but she knew it could only be bad.

The good thing was that once she grabbed the files, she'd be free to leave and wait in the car, as Mark had given her a spare key. The pockets of her coat were heavy and had room for only one more thing: the file.

She'd been told by Mark that the file was in the last room furthest from the stairs. Taking no more time, she approached. But when she felt at the handle, it was locked

This wasn't a problem, only time consuming. The door had a slitted lockhole. Consequently, she reached inside of her jacket and pulled out her phone which she hadn't touched in hours. Straining to pop off the phone case, she pulled out a random coin she kept in her phone. She never imagined that one day it would be this useful.

She slipped it halfway into the lockhole and twisted, and the door unlocked, leaving her to open it and enter. Flipping on the light switch, she saw that it was a a decently sized bedroom, and right beside the bed was the file cabinet she would need to use.

Disregarding how strange it was for it to be in a bedroom, she got to searching. She crouched down to her knees and leveled with the file cabinet. There were six individual drawers, and upon opening the first one, there were stacks of files labeled with titles, meaning that the other five were likely just like that.

She looked at the labels of each, and looked strongly for anything that could be related to weaponry as instructed. Syndicates, Contract, Launder, Trade, Mappings, Affiliates.

Nothing looked like it could help, so she kept looking, more urgently. She had no idea how long it would be until people would begin coming back to the second floor, so the faster she could move, the better.

✦*ೃ༄

On the first floor, most attendees had finally had their plates fixed and were sat somewhere, enjoying their meal.

Jisung was situated at a bar with an affiliate of NCT, in random conversation. He leaned the side of his torso against the countertop, swirling around a half-empty glass of whiskey in his hand. The ambient chatter of the crowded room provided a backdrop to their discussion as they exchanged relevant ideas.

As the conversation drew on, Jisung grew bored. He listened attentively of course, but beneath the surface he remained vigilant, ever so watchful for any signs of trouble.

That was how he ended up sparing a glance toward the second floor. He could make out Sangmin who was making his way up to the stairs to the third floor.