1.20

✦*ೃ༄

✦*ೃ༄

In the moderately lit basement of their sprawling mansion, Hana and her seven roommates gathered around the sleek marble-topped minibar. The room exuded an air of opulence, with rich mahogany panels lining the walls and soft, ambient lighting casting warm shadows across the space. Plush leather barstools hugged the bar, inviting occupants to sink into their comfort.

Above the bar, a shimmering crystal chandelier hung suspended from the ceiling, refracting the light into a myriad of dazzling patterns that danced across the room. The walls were adorned with framed artwork, each piece a masterpiece in its own right, adding an elegant touch to the luxurious setting.

To the left of her at the minibar, Chenle sat on his barstool, leaning over to the Hana every now and then as her guide, teaching her how to play blackjack while Jisung shuffled the cards with flourish.

Just as she was starting to feel more confident in her ability to play, their leader cleared his throat, annihilating the chatter among the individual and their side conversations.

"I know it's short notice but I hope none of you made plans for tomorrow," Mark sighed, flipping his phone over, "Taeyong just assigned us all to do an assassination mission."

The members just nodded or said okay, alright. Hana shrugged at the information, figuring that it would just be another opportunity for her to explores the mansion once again, even though she was now far more familiar with its grounds than last time she was left alone. In fact, the only person who dreaded the idea of going was Jeno, as he groaned and complained that he had a date planned for tomorrow.

"Not our problem." Jisung began distributing the deck of cards between them at the minibar.

"And before any of you ask, she," Mark nodded his head in the direction of the girl who sat partially in front of him, "will be coming."

"I will?"

"She will?"

Mixed reaction rose across the table.

"Are we suddenly unaware that she has a target on her back?" expressed Haechan, his arms gestures thrashing about.

Mark shook his head, already knowing that he would receive this sort of heat from his members. "I'm well aware, but this is the best option. WayV goes to China tomorrow and 127 are dealing with their own stuff with Seok. It would be far safer to take her with us than to leave her here alone."

"Then can't we leave her here with one of us, or maybe even a staff?" Jaemin suggested, flipping one of his cards over and leaving the other faced down.

"We definitely can't have a member stay home, as we need as many of us as we can get," Their leader replied, also flipping over one of his cards. "And I'm not sure if we can trust a staff to watch over her, or at least I can't. And trust me, I talked to Jungwoo and he agrees that this is the best thing to do for now."