1.02

✦*ೃ༄

*ೃ

Hana's breath slowly decelerated as she finally calmed down, though the close and distant gunfiring didn't help. From the moment she began running up until now, she hadn't had a chance to get ahold of herself, and tell herself that everything would be just fine. Now, she could only cross her fingers that the tall boy would come back for her as he said.

She sat covered by the bookshelf, hear head still rested in her knees as she only occasionally flinched at the gunshots, especially the ones right outside of the door. She noted that gunfire was a lot louder than portrayed in television. The sounds of shots fired soon slowly declined, and there was far less now, the absence of which was replaced by a smell. It was very faint, but prominent enough for Hana to pinpoint exactly what it was--smoke. To her, this could only mean that somewhere in this building was a fire. She leaned her head against the wall, trying to mentally pass time. But soon enough, the smell of smoke grew strong and unbearable.

*ೃ

In the van outside, the men returned, feeling accomplished of their doings. Chenle spun around from the driver's seat, his eyes scanning his members. Typically in their operations, he'd be the getaway driver, so he'd routinely headcount the members before leaving, and today was no different. As the men talked among themselves, Chenle interrupted the environment, his inquiry halting their conversations.

"Where's Jisung?"

The members looked among one another, before Jaemin released a burdened sigh. "Stay here." he directed, before leaving the van.

Mark and the others looked over at Haechan, the leader's glare alone demanding answers. Haechan's eyes met with the others'. "He was outside," he put his arms up in his defense. "I swear on my life, I made sure everyone was out of the building before I lit the match."

Mark pinched the bridge of his nose. This was supposed to go smoothly, he thought to himself.

*ೃ

Her mouth and nose were now masked by her shirt as the smoke gradually filled the room. The gunfire outside had already came to a complete stop, and she slowly lost hope of anyone coming back for her. The dark room in which Hana resided lit up with a faint golden glow. She peered from around the shelter of the bookshelf. On the far wall, a small flame slowly spread into a larger one. Shit.

Springing to immediate action, Hana tore through the boxes to find something to put out the fire. There were miscellaneous objects, like lighters, rubber bands, foil. She found a cushion and a bottle of water--she sniffed it to make sure it wasn't anything flammable--she refused to take her chances--and poured it onto the cushion. Grabbing it, she smacked the wet cushion against the wall, successfully patting out the fire. Turning around, she found another fire in the opposite corner of the wall. She was about to go deal with that one as well, when the door swung open. In the doorway stood a calm Jisung. "Let's go."

Hana rushed by his side, and the two navigated down the stairs through the enflamed warehouse. "Stay close to me if you don't want to get left behind." his tone was still calm. The two were now downstairs. He moved hastily toward the garage opening which he'd entered back in from--only now, it was closed. It took him not much critical thinking to arrive him to the conclusion that at least one of them were still alive, and intended on trapping him inside. Moving back into action, he grabbed the Hana by her wrist and remembered where the other entrance point was. It was a plain, narrow door engulfed in flames.

With one strong kick, the door crumbled to the floor. Its hinges must've been weakened by the fire. The opening wasn't very spacious, and the frame was surrounded by the deathly orange flames. "You first," he gestured, but she only hesitated. No matter how she exited, she'd be getting burned somehow.

But she was taking far too long for Jisung's liking. He grabbed her by her shoulders, spun her around to face him, and before Hana could react, Jisung shoved her, completely throwing her out of the blazing doorframe so she wouldn't come face-first into contact with the fire. As she fell to the floor, her body writhed with acute agony. She held her arms close to her, as they were the parts that were burned the most, leaving her with a horrid stinging pain, but at least she was finally free from that confined building.

An arm extended in front of her, offering her help, the same arm that shoved her through a fire. With help, she finally stood up. The two moved quickly around to the front of the building, being  met with Jaemin who was contemplating rushing inside to find the two. Without exchanging any words, the three walked in the direction of the van that wasn't too far in the distance. Jisung looked over his shoulder at the warehouse, before facing back ahead of him. "Be cautious," he warned the older boy, "one, or more of them is still alive."

As if on cue, a bullet was shot some meters ahead of Jisung, likely intending to hit him in the torso. Then another bullet sounded, but before that one could have a chance to strike, Jisung took no time to react, pulling himself and Hana behind a broken down car, taking cover. Jaemin followed shortly behind them as the two young men drew their weapons and began shooting at the singular figure who'd challenged them. Hana, who had landed on her knees, crouched down, instinctually covering her head with her arms.

She squeezed her eyes shut as she felt small vibrations from the car, indicating they were once more being shot at. She opened her eyes and looked up at the two, specifically the one who'd saved her life. He was decent looking, no, very good looking, she admitted to herself. She examined his features. What stuck out to her most was his jet black fringed hair and nice jawline projection and shape.

Not taking his eyes off the target, the Jisung retorted, "Staring is rude, love." At that, she quickly and awkwardly looked away, slightly embarrassed. After the two shot down their target, which didn't take too long, they stood up, dusting themselves off, especially Jisung ridding himself of the excess ash. Hana stood as well, seeing that they were done. Hana and Jisung had a notable amount of grimy ash on their hair, skin and clothes.

"Let's move." said Jaemin, shoving his gun back into its resting position in his pocket. Jisung tugged Hana's wrist as they began the run toward the not-so-far van. Hana's legs put in more work to keep up with Jisung's pace, which was hard enough because of their height difference.

After Jisung jumped into the van, he extended an arm to help Hana in, which she accepted; once again the same hand that threw Hana out of that burning building.

Said building, in the distance, was now fully enveloped in flames. The girl cringed at the idea that she very well could have been burned inside that building, facing the same fate as the doomed furniture, stairs, boxes, and those mislead souls who were shot down for resisting.

As she took a seat, her stomach turned at the sight of five unfamiliar pairs of eyes staring at her.