LACUNA - XXXVIII

Heart's POV
When I step foot inside the room my eyes first landed on the woman I waited to wake up. Halata sa mga mata niya ang lungkot, sakit, kaba at takot. I hear mama whisper behind me, I took a breath and get rid of the unfair guilt that started consuming me.

Nang makita ako nina mommy ay umalis na sila agad. Niyakap ako nina Nanay Helen and Tatay Romuel. Binulungan nila ako na magpakatatag ako at tinanguan ko sila. Nang makaalis sila ay nilapitan ko ang asawa ko.

"Mahal..." I hold her hand. She tensed up and was about to retrieve her hand but she felt ease when she saw it was me. I can't but tear up. My wife... oh my wife.

"I'm so sorry, wifey" mahinhin kong bulong. She's now tearing up, I hugged her bago pa man siya humagulgol. "I'm so sorry, mahal" bulong ko muli sakaniya.

"Our d-daughter, E-Eiffel. She's g-gone. T-they took h-her from us. T-they took o-our daughter's life" hagulgol niya saaking bisig. Mahigpit ang hawak ko sakaniya na tila ba'y hindi ko na siya muli pang papakawalan.

"I'm so sorry, mahal. I should've been there. I should've saved you and our daughter in time. But I didn't. It took me days to find you. I'm so sorry, my wife" I wipe her tears and held her tightly in my arms.

"It's n-not your f-fault, baby. Never b-blame yourself" she stated. Her lips are trembling as she stated those words. "Where's her body, mahal?" She asked as I wipe her tears.

"Inaayos pa nila ang katawan then we'll host a funeral for our little angel" tumango siya saaking sagot. I made sure not to let her go from my arms. Hindi ko na muli pang papakawalan ang asawa ko.

This event is enough to traumatize her, she doesn't need more. So this time, I would never let her out of my sight nor let go of her hands. I will make sure of that.

If you're wondering what happened to Felize, well I am too. I let my body guards take care of her, I haven't called them yet so I didn't know what happened to her.

"Je t'aime, ma femme et moi ne te quitterons plus jamais. Je ne supporte pas de te voir dans cet état, alors désormais, je veillerai à ne plus jamais te laisser partir" bulong ko habang hawak siya.

Nakatulog na ito saaking bisig pero ni isang minuto ay hindi ko siya pinakawalan.

Days passed at nakauwi na rin si Hera mula sa hospital. Kanina rin ang libing ng anak namin. Even though she's our unborn child we still organized a proper burial for her. She's still our daughter and nothing will change that.

After we came home she took a bath while I enroll into a university that has online class for architecture. Like I said hindi ko na iiwan magisa ang asawa ko.

No matter what happened I will guide and fight with her, beside her. Right now I will be her feet as she mend her broken ones. I will be her weapon with every fight she has to endure. I will be her guide when she feels lost and my words will be her assurance when she feel like she lost her worth as a person and as a woman. I will be her wife who will make her feel the love, appreciation, that she deserves from this universe and this lifetime. And I will be the person-the woman who will cherish, admire and worship her despite the horrible things that happened to her. I will be the woman who will devote my love to her, even if our delightful relationship turned into a hopeless case, I would never hesitate to chase and take her back into my arms.

I closed my laptop and take a glance at the bathroom door. Hindi pa siya tapos? I walk closer to it and my heart shatter as I feel her whimper and silent sobs.

Luckily the door is opened which made it easier for me to get it. I saw how she scrub her skin with her loofa while under the shower. She's sobbing.

Malapit nang dumugo ang balat niyan so I grab her loofa and turned the shower off. I pull her into me and held her close. It didn't bother me kung mabasa ang damit ko, as long as my wife is ok and well then that's what matters to me.

"It's ok, you're ok, mahal" She wrap her arms around as she break down. We stayed like this while I whisper sweet words to her, that helped calming her down.

Nang ok na ang lahat, I wrapped a towel around her body and I carried her into our room. Tears are still rolling down her cheeks. Kumuha muna ako ng masusuot niya at lumapit uli sakaniya.

I wipe her tears at binihisan ko siya. I made sure to be gentle with my actions. My wife is still fragile right now so I made sure to gentle with my actions. The last thing I want is to trigger my wife's trauma. I'm here to help her, not to cause her more trauma.

After putting clothes on her, I dried her hair and wiped her cheeks again. It's ok for me na umiyak ang asawa ko. I like that better dahil nalalabas niya sa akin ang sakit.

"Thank y-you" she whispered as I lay her down on our bed. "It's what wives do, wifey. No need to thank me" I kiss her forehead before and wrapped her in our comforter.

"I love you, my Eiffel" she said sweetly.... I was suppose to answer back but before I could she stated "and I'm sorry too..."