Welcome to Arsenal

I let out a groan and swore under my breath when my keys fell on the floor. I was exhausted, and all I wanted was to sleep. The jet lag was making my head spin.

Bending down to retrieve my keys, the exhaustion from the long journey weighed heavily on my shoulders. The jet lag seemed to play tricks on my senses, distorting the world around me. I fumbled with the keys, frustration bubbling up as I struggled to find the energy to unlock the door.

Finally gaining access to my new London apartment, I stumbled inside, grateful for the solitude.

I looked around. The apartment was mostly white. It was a three-room 'flat'. I couldn't complain. I dragged my bags and suitcase inside, letting them fall on the floor before I let myself fall head first on the black couch of my new living room.
I wanted to sleep so bad. But I knew I couldn't. I had too much to do. I still stayed like that for maybe twenty minutes, before ungraciously peeling myself off the couch and walking to my suitcase. I unpacked quickly. I didn't take much from home except clothes. I wasn't a material person.

Then, carefully, I unpacked my new Arsenal gear, a smile on my lips as I watched every item coming out of the bag to my closet.

That finished, exhaustion tugged at me again, but I kept going. I placed a few pictures of me and Charlotte on my bedroom walls, then walked to the kitchen, and opened the fridge.

Of course, it was empty. My mother wasn't here to do the groceries for me anymore. I groaned and contemplated going to the store before shaking my head and ordering some Chinese off Uber Eats.

After placing the order, I took a moment to lean against the kitchen counter, my mind racing with thoughts. The realization of being in a new city, in a new country, hit me like a tidal wave. The weight of responsibility mixed with excitement for the journey ahead.

The food arrived sooner than expected, and I devoured it as if I hadn't eaten in days.

I then took a shower and brushed my teeth, setting an alarm for 8 a.m., before finally laying in my bed, and falling asleep within minutes.

And it also felt like it had been minutes when my alarm went off in the morning. I let out a groan, considering crying myself back to sleep and waking up five hours later.

Then, I remembered what my day was going to look like. And it was like my tiredness had disappeared.

Dragging myself out of bed, I shook off the lingering fatigue. The weight of anticipation for the day ahead replaced the grogginess. With a determined mindset, I went through my morning routine, donning the Arsenal kit with a mix of excitement and nerves.

As I looked at myself in the mirror, I grinned. I flexed my tiny biceps, laughing in my head. Then, I made my bag, ready to go back to London Colney. I had to call an Uber, as I still didn't have a car.

He arrived after ten minutes. I said hi to the driver, and asked him if there was any place that served good coffee around.

The Uber driver, a middle-aged man with a friendly demeanor, gave me a few suggestions for local coffee spots. I opted for the one with the quirky name he recommended and hoped it lived up to his endorsement.

As the car maneuvered out of London, my eyes absorbed the green landscapes. England was less grey than I had imagined, but still so less colorful than Los Angeles.

Arriving at the coffee shop, the aroma of freshly brewed beans greeted me, instantly lifting my spirits. I ordered a strong espresso to kickstart my day, feeling the caffeine surge through my veins. The barista, a young guy with vibrant blue hair, handed me the cup with a smile.