Offering

The darkness enveloped me, suffocating me, pressing in from all sides until I could barely breathe. I stumbled through the void, my footsteps echoing hollowly against the unseen walls that surrounded me. There was no escape, no respite from the endless expanse of nothingness that stretched out before me.

Suddenly, a piercing scream shattered the silence, sending a jolt of fear coursing through my veins. I spun around, covering my ears, searching frantically for the source of the sound.

I was back on the pitch of the Emirates Stadium, the roar of the crowd echoing in my ears like a deafening thunderclap. But something was different. Something was wrong.

As I looked around, I realized with a sinking heart that I was alone. The stands were empty, devoid of the familiar faces of my teammates and the passionate cheers of the fans. The air was thick with an oppressive silence that seemed to press down on me from all sides.

A sense of dread washed over me as I realized that I was trapped in this empty void, with no way out. Panic clawed at my throat, threatening to choke me with its icy grip.

Suddenly, the ground beneath my feet began to tremble, sending shockwaves rippling through my body. I stumbled and fell, my heart pounding in my chest like a drumbeat of doom.

And then, out of the darkness, a figure emerged. It was Leah, her eyes hollow and empty, her expression twisted into a grotesque mask of pain and despair.

"Valentina," she whispered, her voice a haunting echo that sent shivers down my spine. "Why did you leave me?"

Tears welled up in my eyes as I reached out to her, my fingers trembling with fear and longing. But before I could touch her, she vanished into thin air, leaving me alone in the darkness once again.

I screamed out her name, the sound echoing into the void, but there was no response. Only silence.

With a gasp, I jolted awake, my heart pounding in my chest and sweat beading on my forehead. My eyes frantically scanned the room around me, falling on Leah's concerned face. As reality began to emerge again, I felt her hands on my shoulders, shaking me lightly, as if trying to bring me back from the brink of that nightmare.

"Valentina, are you okay?" Leah's voice was filled with worry, her eyes searching mine for any sign of distress.

I blinked several times, trying to shake off the remnants of the dream that still clung to my consciousness like a lingering shadow.

"Yeah," I whispered hoarsely, my voice barely audible over the pounding of my heart. "Just a nightmare."

Leah observed my reaction for a moment, her expression softening with concern. "You... you were screaming my name. I've never seen you like that. Are you sure you're okay? You really scared me, baby,"

Leah's words cut through the haze of fear that still lingered in my mind, pulling me back to the present moment. I took a deep breath, forcing myself to focus on the warmth of her touch and the reassuring sound of her voice.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I replied, my voice steadier now as I reached out to grasp her hand in mine. "It was just a bad dream, that's all."

Leah pulled me into a tight embrace, and I let myself slip away from the tough stance I was trying to maintain, burying my face in the crook of her neck as I allowed myself to be comforted by her presence.

We stayed like that for a while, wrapped in each other's arms, until the remnants of the nightmare faded into the recesses of my mind, replaced by the warmth of Leah's love and the knowledge that I was not alone.