Whole foods

I heard Katie snort next to me, and I gave her a side eye, before focusing back on the road.

Then, she snorted again, and I groaned.

"What?" I asked, and she laughed at my reaction.

"Just think it's funny you listen to that." She told me, nodding towards the screen on my dashboard while putting her feet above the glovebox of the car.

'Sex Money Drugs' by Central Cee was playing.

"Why? Cause I'm American?" I asked, and she laughed.

"Nah mate, 'cause you're broke and you're a virgin." She said, and I rolled my eyes at her words.

"Fuck off," I replied, which only made her laugh more. "Put your damn feet off my dashboard," I grunted, reaching to her thigh and giving it a slight punch.

Katie's laughter only intensified at my response, her amusement infectious as she reluctantly removed her feet from the dashboard, still chuckling softly under her breath. "Alright, alright, no need to get violent," she teased, her tone playful as she leaned back in her seat.

"When's your car out of the shop again?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Hey, I thought you liked me," Katie's laughter subsided as she leaned back in her seat, her expression turning thoughtful as she considered my question. "Should be ready by the end of the week," she replied, her voice tinged with a hint of frustration. "Bloody thing keeps breaking down on me."

I chuckled softly at Katie's response, shaking my head in amusement. "I do like you, but that doesn't make you any less of a pain in the ass," I replied. "And I'm not broke," I added, while pulling up in front of Leah's house. "Now get in the backseat," I told her, and she immediately huffed at my words.

"What? But I was here first!" She said, sounding like a spoiled child.

"Yep. But you're not my girlfriend now, are you?"

Katie let out a dramatic sigh, rolling her eyes. "Fine," she conceded, opening her door and getting out of the car. At the same time, Leah arrived in front of the car. Katie offered her a fake menacing look, and mumbled, "I was here first," before opening the back door and sitting in the middle seat with an exasperated huff.

Leah frowned at Katie's words and presence, but shrugged it off with a small laugh, sitting on the passenger seat. "What's going on in here?" She asked while buckling up.

"Katie's car is still in the shop, so she's stuck riding with us for now," I explained, and Leah looked behind her to Katie, who offered her a playful pout.

Leah laughed softly at that reaction from the Irish, then looked back at me, leaning in to place a tender kiss on my lips. "Good morning, baby,"

Leah's soft lips against mine sent a flutter of warmth through my entire being. "Good morning, mi amor," I replied, my voice filled with affection as I returned her kiss, savoring the sweetness of her lips.

"Urgh, see? This is why I like Beth and Viv more. No PDA with those two." Katie said from behind us, breaking our moment.

Leah chuckled softly at Katie's remark. "Damn girl, you need to get laid, you're getting grumpy," Leah told Katie, and I laughed at her words, while I turned the engine back on and hit the road again.

I saw Katie roll her eyes at Leah's playful jab in the rare view mirror, and she crossed her arms around her chest. "Yeah, yeah, whatever," she replied, her tone laced with fake annoyance. "Just don't expect me to be the third wheel on your love train all day."

"Relax. We're going to Whole Foods, not the city of love." I interjected, my tone teasing as I glanced at Katie through the rearview mirror. "And I'm the only idiot who said yes to you, so be grateful."