Liverpool V Arsenal

The next few days passed expeditiously, punctuated by intense training and very little time for ourselves.

Leah and I found no time to be just the two of us. It made me grumpy and she didn't seem that happy about it either. But we both understood. Liverpool was a pretty big team, and we needed to focus on the game that was happening on Saturday.

Coach Jonas emphasized the importance of the upcoming match against Liverpool, urging us to channel our energy into the training sessions. They were ten points behind us, but they had surprised us and the other teams before. They had won against us in October, and had beaten Man U in the FA Cup.

The training sessions were rigorous, with each drill and exercise meticulously designed to fine-tune our strategies and iron out any weaknesses.

Only on Friday, Leah had managed to catch my arm and pull me back into the storage room we had kissed in a few days earlier.

The sudden pull had me surprised, until I realized it was Leah. A smile then instantly invaded my lips. Leah turned around, meeting my gaze.

"Take me to dinner first," I joked, and she rolled her eyes, gently hitting my shoulder.

"Shut up."She replied. "I miss spending time with you," Leah admitted, her voice a soft whisper against the confined space.

"I miss it too," I confessed, the sentiment resonating deeply. The demands of the upcoming match had consumed our days, leaving little room for the quiet moments that had begun to define our connection.

Leah stepped closer, her fingers gently intertwining with mine. "After the game on Saturday, let's do something. Just us," she suggested, her gaze filled with hope that I would say yes.

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips. "I'd like that," I said, reciprocating the longing I had found in her eyes.

Leah stepped even closer, my back hitting a shelf filled with cones and boxes.

"Can I kiss you?"

The air in the storage room seemed to crackle with anticipation as Leah's request hung in the space between us. Her eyes held a vulnerability, a genuine desire for a connection.

A subtle nod from me was all it took for Leah to close the distance, her lips meeting mine in a gentle, lingering kiss. The familiarity of her touch made the longing feeling I had in me for the past few days completely disappear. It was all worth it in the end.

We spent a few minutes like this, kissing and whispering our affection for each other. I asked her if I was good at kissing. She giggled, then told me I was pretty okay.

We shared one last kiss, Leah pouting slightly at the idea that we wouldn't be able to do this again for some time.

"We can always be roommates, at the hotel in Liverpool." She had told me.

"I'm not sure it's a good idea, "The allure of spending more time with Leah was undeniable, yet the practicalities of maintaining focus and discipline nagged at the edges of my thoughts. And it also meant more rumors, more people asking us if we were just friends. More smirks from Beth and Katie.

Leah sighed, a mix of understanding and disappointment coloring her expression. "You're right," she mumbled, not too happy about having to agree with me.

We then left the little storage room, one at a time. Leah first, then a minute or so later, I did.

We didn't see each other again that day. We only caught a glimpse of each other again the next day, on the bus to get to Liverpool.

I had arrived a few minutes early, and Leah had been right on time. I was already sitting and on my phone when she climbed in. She sat next to me. I immediately smiled, though I tried to hide it.