Birthday girl pt3

"You gonna stare at me the entire time?" Leah asked me, a smirk playing on her lips.

She was lying on her stomach on the tattoo chair, as she was getting a back tattoo.

I chuckled softly, unable to tear my gaze away from Leah's captivating presence as she lay on the tattoo chair, her body relaxed yet exuding an aura of confidence and grace. "Can you blame me?" I replied, my voice tinged with amusement as I met Leah's gaze, a playful twinkle in my eye. "You're kind of hard to resist."

Leah let out a soft laugh, her smirk widening as she shifted slightly on the chair, the movement causing the muscles in her back to ripple beneath her skin. "Flattery will get you everywhere," she teased, rolling her eyes at me.

"Stop moving," Arya ordered Leah, focusing on her work again.

Leah let out a playful groan, her lips curving into a smirk as she obediently stilled her movements, allowing Arya to continue her work uninterrupted. "Yes, ma'am," she replied, her voice filled with mock obedience as she settled back onto the tattoo chair, her eyes meeting mine with a playful glint.

"Getting scolded now aren't we?" I joked, Leah usually being the authoritative one, especially between the two of us.

"Shut up, California," Leah replied, trying to reach me with her hand so she could slap my arm playfully.

"Leah! Stop moving." Arya repeated, her tone firm as she focused on the delicate task of tattooing Leah's back, her brow furrowed in concentration.

Leah let out an exaggerated sigh, her eyes rolling playfully as she settled back onto the chair, her movements finally still as Arya resumed her work.

"She's distracting me," Leah mumbled like a child, her voice filled with playful indignation as she shot me a mock glare, her lips curved into a playful pout as she attempted to feign innocence.

I couldn't help but laugh at Leah's antics, shaking my head in amusement as I met her gaze. "Me? Distracting?" I replied, my voice laced with faux innocence as I raised an eyebrow at her. "I think you're doing a pretty good job of that yourself."

Leah let out a soft chuckle at my response, her lips curving into a playful smirk as she reached back to lightly swat at my arm. "Oh, you're one to talk," she retorted, her tone teasing as she settled back onto the chair, her eyes dancing with amusement.

As Arya continued to work on Leah's tattoo, the room filled with the steady buzz of the tattoo gun, the sound mingling with the soft hum of conversation as we chatted and joked with each other, the atmosphere relaxed and comfortable.

Leah had chosen a simple design, matching the ones she already had.

14.

I had spent the entire afternoon asking her why that number and she wouldn't give me an answer. No matter how many times I asked.

"It's a mystery," she would reply with a playful wink, while I searched deep inside my brain for a plausible explanation.

"Done," Arya announced soon enough, stepping back to admire her handiwork with a satisfied smile.

Leah sat up slowly, her eyes lighting up with excitement as she caught her first glimpse of the finished tattoo in the small mirror Arya had placed right behind her. "It's perfect," she exclaimed, her voice filled with genuine delight as she traced her fingers lightly over the intricate design.

"Don't touch it." Arya scolded, slapping Leah's hand away from the freshly-inked skin of her back.

Leah let out a sheepish chuckle at Arya's admonishment, her hand retracting obediently as she shot the tattoo artist an apologetic grin. "Sorry," she replied, her voice tinged with amusement as she carefully admired the tattoo in the mirror, her eyes sparkling with excitement.