Chapter Fourteen: Betrayal

We all knew that fighting without our shields was a risk, however we didn't have time to go get them, with the office under constant attack. Yuguchi and Irina dropped their robes to the floor, revealing that Yuguchi was dressed in what could only be described as a skin tight leather cat suite, much like the one Jasmine was wearing when she first arrived, the only difference was the fact it was caught in black, with a white papal collar, and the small golden cross in the center of her neck. Although the outfit offered only minor protection, it did provide mobility which was what she needed, the combat protection came from the spells cast upon the cross mounted on the chest, which she instantly touched to activate.

The Angel, well she wore ornate armor. It was cast in Angelic steel, which looked almost pale gold in appearance, covering her chest was a simple gothic chest plate covered in Enochan runes which pulsated with magical energy. Covering her heart was an additional plate of armour which bore the crest of Michael himself. Caught in pearlescent white, this took the appearance of a chalice with a halo above it and wings sprouting from the stem of the goblet. Her shoulders were covered in simple pauldrons, each of them designed to be male lion heads, while her bracers had intricate vine work forged into them. Coming slightly over the leather gloves, they were spiked, the left tipped with Iron, while the right was coated in pure silver, so that even if she fought unarmed, she could still harm her targets. Around her waste and hips, the Faulds were made to look as if they were wings. Her arms and legs were covered in simple chainmail, while she wore grieves similar to her pauldrons, albeit the inlays were iron and silver, to add extra damage. We didn't say another word simply opened up our wings and joined Pandora in the courtyard, while Yuguchi leapt out the window, driving one of her two blades into the wall to slow her decent.  

----------------------------------------------------------------

Pandora already faced Eve, a look of what could only be described as disappointment in her eyes. Her Tainted-Blade drawn. There were four individuals standing there, the only one of whom I knew being Eve. The second, to Eve's left, was some unknown Exorcist, his combat uniform although in the same style as Yuguchi's was a forest green as apposed to black, their 'missing' guard I assumed.  To his left stood some stranger in Torques dragon armor that brought a tight knot of sickness to my stomach, looking at him had a similar feeling to when I looked at Daibhidh, but where that could be described as a mild discomfort. Looking at this Dragon clad individual brought a pathological fear. The organic nature of the armor he wore made it hard to know where the man ended and the armor began. On Eve's right stood a shallow vessel of a man, clearly a scientist not a Warrior he wore priests robes and his face was scared to all heaven.

"Well isn't this just like fucking my little brother's birthday!" Eve hissed, half crazed with grief. "Not only do I get to kill the Neko bitch that killed my beloved Adam, but the whore who cut off his hand is here as well. I get to kill you both." 

With an almost rabid scream she came charging at Cassi, her Heavenly-Blade drawn, as she did both spells upon the weapon glowed brightly, the first was obviously the Exorcism spell as for what the second one was, well that was soon answered. As she impacted Cassi's Clipeum, she hit with the force of a thousand men, her blade singing with an almost harmonic sound as it struck. She had channeled all her might into the blow, which was enhanced by the Sanctified-Spell of fortification. Put simply it was a spell for enhancing ones strength, Cassi's Clipeum shattered under the impact and she was thrown back hard as she was struck by a Divine level attack. Eve was an Arch level being to start with, so with the spell in place she hit and hit hard. Cassi flew off her feet hitting the school behind us with such force she shattered one of the gothic columns that flanked the entry hall to the main school. Cassi got up, bleeding and broken from such a blow, barely awake.