Close to the Vine

Wine also made in these parts, grape wine,
  with a strawberry splash. Called Jesus Disciple Wine. You see in this Mennonite it was written, that they can drink wine because Jesus and his twelve did. So it is written into law here you can drink wine.
    Charming cafes open to sip wine and eat chicken salad sandwiches on homemade marbled rye. Delicious for certain, grapes on the side big sweet ones popping in your mouth with flavor goodness, dainty flowered plates, and matching paper napkins. Hand-dipped strawberries at each plate.
     Then of course the Tea and Coffee Houses, so pretty and quaint. Storybook appearances featuring primitive antique what knots. Subdued knotted pine furniture, matching lamps, and pretty pastel shades. Loop Woven rug stores dotted by the waterfront edge.
    Amazing Artistry of Amish still life. A few were purchased to adorn walls in tenant shops.
While outside by the water's edge Artists can be seen sketching and painting. Sailboats floated about, looking like paper hats. Smells of lobster tail and butter so yumbly gut to eat it's Boston Mennonite.
      Clear light blue skies, a bell dings far off in the distance, from someone's boat. Warm to cool breezes off the water. Brick roads carry you throughout, as boat horns are heard. Amish Black Buggies are all over the place. Lots of motor vehicles everywhere. Hitching posts, horse rolls, being picked up by street cleaners, and thrown into a garbage bin.
     Old Order Amish and Mennonites scurried around, either to eat lunch, shop, visit doctors, etc. Busy with fundamental things to do daily there. A big white Mennonite Church, for there are no English to dwell, or live in these parts. They live all around in surrounding towns. Making up for it.
    The topic of conversations around town as of late? New accommodations for a Horse Hospital on wheels. Delivering a service to your doorstep, making arrangements to fit each situation at hand. Gardenia went back to her maiden name after her husband died. Gardenia Ebersole, fitting for her and their son, whose family lived so far away just seemed uninterested in him after his faters death.
She would be involved in the Animal Hospital on Wheels. By her side Jon Yoder, they had attended school together. Liam Yoder his Braudaar, Patience Esh they were all the team. Interested in animals, keeping them healthy, yet safe. Gardenia held her own identifying, limited to horses-only breeds, illnesses. Directives to do during horse delivery
Superbly. Being given the name First Flower Gardenia. Because first always-on delivery calls.
    A watery misty mist, sprayed in the air close to the water's edge. Welcoming on hot days, while waves from the wind pushed spray of water off the gallons of water made by our lord to let us play in, quench thirst, water plant, and underwater life to survive. A bay of water floating around the shore.
      Welcoming those with interest in vacationing or living there. To us Ebersole family meant to be here , born into a Mennonite culture. Being used to life among the bay front , farming or owning a storefront.
Assuming responsibility for life of the our ancestors would have been more appropriate learning life here than.
     The land of our fathers had been used for centuries before we were able and the land was still being developed. Ebersole purchased as much land from them as they could afford. Our name heard from many neighbors around town.  
     Sweltering heat followed, the Braudaars shared farmed got along well for never a harsh word heard from them toward one another. In fact quite the opposite, laughter and comradely
Ship. Happy to be working side by side. Gathering and organizing the logistics of this farm.
      Together they would bring it down all resources needed for our family Buisness . Making this piece of property progress itself into a land of milk and honey. Tasteful corn , sweet corn , once cooked, buttered , bite  into
It pops in your mouth juicy delicious delight.
    Big green stalks tasseled at the top ready to be detassled. Then thrown into a big wagon horse-drawn and sold by the roadside. Ebersole sweet corn for sale. Much money is being made from its sale, only to be banked for seed to plant the following year down the road.
     Sun beat down upon our lords people , being glad of a gut crop this years end. Champion Pumkin contests are now, farmers sending their best , biggest pumkin. Flattery bestowed upon the farmers who grew them . Ribbons given out , pictures taken of them. Then posted in the 4 H section of the fair.
    Many black Buggy's gathers there , being fed and watered by Amish boys getting paid a gut wage to do so. They of course so proud to be doing a good job .
    Inside the fair grounds on the farmstead there. Where cattle being shown , Herder Dogs being judged to herd sheep in a corralled area.
Horse show, barrel racing, bull riding, Clowns dressed to detour them away from the Cowboy.
    Pie baking contest, Olive's pie is there to be judged. Saurkraut judged in a pretty glass jar. Watercolor paintings judged, Rabbits getting blue Ribbons, and a fashion show of young girls' homemade dresses. Tractor pulls, Belgium teams pulling a large heavyweight.
    Lots of food stands, about dotted the farm, a grandstand where stock cars raced, and a nearby grandstand where the Casting Crowns played and sang tonight as the night show. Zach Brown the following evening. Sunday afternoon a dance is a farm band playing.
     Sounds of hot air like a tire air, revving of a motor to give power to fair rides. Ferris wheel, swings, tea cups, rollercoaster. Voices were heard screaming on rides, then laughing. Such
A day to beholden to.
     The winner of the Biggest Best Pumpkin, a beautiful blue ribbon, and a note from the judges. Best pumpkins always grow close to the vine. This is the best Pumpkin, Congratulations.
     Monday the fair was over, and Olive won one of the best pie ribbons. Life is good to us Farmers. Our lord set us in charge to grow food for everyone to eat and enjoy,