The Awakening

The Ford Wrangler Jeep pulled into the yard. Chickens squeaked, flying away from the truck as he honked while driving in. Parked, getting out walking in toward the house.
Sheep Dogs ran up wagging their tails, and barked friendly as if they knew who they were and did. Sniffing their legs and boots as they walked along. Elijah reached down to pet them all, giving each one a pat, a petting. Wanetta came out of the back door waving," Hallo my Dearest friends." Elijah and she hugged him tight. " I missed you so Wannetta, worried sick till I set my eyes on you. Joshua is trying to find Maggie Mays's family. All at once bowed their heads in prayer. Praying to find Maggie May.
     " Please do step inside for lunch I've just made. Homemade chicken noodle soup and broccoli cheese-filled baked potatoes,  eggsalad
Sandwiches, moon pies, and ice-cold lemonade. Seat yourselves." At which they did so, famished, to be honest. Removed their straw hats and hung them on a hook next to the door. Then sat down and started to eat.
     " This is delicious Wanetta," Elijah said. And Joshua agreed right behind him. "Today I shall praise god for all to whom blessings flow. Have you heard anything from Maggie May?
" No, their house apartment is empty of them. I'm thinking perhaps shut in at the children's school. All I remember is they were headed there to clean for next fall. Besides, the school has just ended for summer. Maggie May, Esther, and Rachel teach school to Amish and Mennonites."
   " I remember that, yes a good possibility," Joshua said thinking hard on what to do next. " To be honest there is no pass-through to get to it yet anyway. Let me try calling her once more." He called on his cell phone, concerned with her whereabouts. " No answer, what next?
      " I'm so worried," Wanetta said and started to cry right then. Elizah took her in his arms to hug. She collapsed in them. While Joshua looked at them feeling such high emotions.
     Maggie May awakened to sounds of water crashing against rock. With a torn dress and bruised cheek on her face streaked in dirt tried to raise up on her elbow. " Oh my aching head, doubled over to lay down on sound rock ground.
      Her first sounds to hear from closed lids on her eyes. Then out of contiousness again. He held her gently in his arms making quick gentle gestures to get this young women to safety of the Mermaids they'd know what to do. Gil thinking only of her safety.
    He walked then into deep water swimming
With her on his back. Safe sound, then one quick dive in and out of the water and he was home. Where a group of Mermaids gathered round swimming into a tunnel, her laying resting on a long leather blown-up mat.
      After hours of sound sleep, the Mermaids swam around her to comfort her. Disillusioned as she was. Inside the cave of the mermaid, giving her slurps of clams. She is still not awake yet.
     Inside Maggie dreams of yelling for help, calling for her family, and making high-pitched screams, yet no one hears her calls. She in turn feels trapped inside her own body. Calling, frantic, no time left for death's doorstep.
     The cracked earth caught her off guard falling Into the water. Deep, deep into the waterside. Only having to claw her way out up onto a rounded ground. Passed out, into nothingness.
Over time, Maggie May woke up. " Where am I where is Mater and Fater? She touched her head, combed hair, no bonnet. She started to cry then profusely. The unknown is the worst, missing her home and old life.
A little blonde, green-eyed Mermaid, hugged her by the name of Coral Reef. " I'm to look out for you, making sure you're comfortable. And once you're able to travel will take you home again ."
Maggie May, hugged her back, smiling under better circumstances. " Danke so much for helping me Coral I'm forever grateful to you."
" Welcome Maggie May, as you mentioned your name to be."
" I shall try walking soon, I see some gashes across my legs concerning. They are looking so much better. Should I blame gashed from swimming through rock?"
" Yes, sure is, we all took care of it with seaweed paste made from seaweed and honey. Here is some more drink for you, sweet nectar from nearby apple trees."
" This tasted ice cold, very sweet, and gut to drink," Maggie May told her new friend. I can feel it in my bones to feel better and calmed by my surroundings. "
     Maggie Mays's Family hollered out her name looking for hours. To know avail vanished gone in thin air. " Our Dear Maggie May, out of our sights," Mater cried out in distress. Fater hugged her close to his heart. Clearly, everyone is in distress about it all. Esther and Rachel are numb from such a catastrophe by this time.
       Maggie May screamed at the sight of Gil the monster. He's safe Cora Reef said softly. He had a spell cast upon him by an evil witch who prowls around seeking the ruin of souls. " They call me Gil," He said reaching out to quiet her fears of unsettling thoughts.
    " Your eyes look the same, are you a gut man? Maggie May asked. His reply to her," Yes."
    " Then there is nothing to fear then, I shall trust you as a Godly soul." At those words, he dove back into the water swimming off to who knows where.
   " I'm glad I'm getting to be your friend," Cora said quietly. " And I shall help as much as possible to get you into your feet once more. "
They both hugged just then.
     Back home her people still searching for her as thoughts of Joshua filled her mind. Praying he would find her to rescue. Although she'd met valuable down below the earth's Crest. Prayers of recourse to thee shall find its course to the heart of her going back home.