13

masani taj torres

masani taj torres

"you can't call yo ole pops anymore??" my dad asked once i answered the phone call.

"yo ass stay switching numbers." i said while laughing.

i was currently in my car in the driveway of kamari's house, he text me multiple times after leaving my house to make sure i came and got my presents from him before doing anything.

"yeah yeah...how you feeling lil nigga? you getting older and shit on me." he said and i sighed.

"i'm doing good...aye i might have somebody for you to meet, gimme like a few more weeks." i said.

"oh shit? you finally settled down?"

"i'm on one person...bad too pops, i don't know what it is about him but he makes shit that be bothering me go away, i be at peace wit him foreal." i said.

"you touching bootyholes son?" he asked and i smacked my lips as he laughed.

"nah i'm fuckin wit you. that's good, i'll meet him hopefully soon."

"yeah i'm hit you up later tho, love ya."

"love you too." he said then i hung up.

me and my pops had the best relationship honestly, ever since i was a kid...he mostly raised me himself you could say.

i stayed wit my mom but she truly didn't deserve the title of being a mom.

i snapped out of my thoughts and got out the car then walked up to the front door, i knocked before jamari opened the door.

"oh my god! hurry up and move, my sneaky link supposed to be pulling up." he said mugging me and i shook my head.

i made my way to kamaris room, i went to open the door but stopped hearing brooklyn's voice.

"i can't tho....no ghost and kamari are talking...i know his party shit tonight, look i gotta go before-"

i busted in the room making her jump and drop her phone,"shit! ghost you scared the fuck out of me.." she said then reached for her phone.

"who you talking to?"

"my cousin..." she said looking me up and down then looked at her phone.

"why y'all talking about me and kamari?" i asked and she smacked her lips.

"cause a lot of people know it's yo birthday and she asked if you was messing wit anyone damn." she said then kamari walked in.

"uh- yall good?" he asked looking between us.

i didn't say anything but glared at brooklyn, she definitely rubbing me the wrong way right now.

"yeah imma catch up wit you later kay." she told him before leaving.