Half

"This is fucking bullshit!" Kana called out, slamming her fist down on the table which she, Shy, Rox, Black, Vicious, Bruno, Rin and Crime sat at. "Calm down, Kana. We can try again later. We underestimated tank, but that's alright." Black said, his arms crossed as he leaned back. "Maybe... We didn't fail..." Rin said, speaking up as he glanced up at Black. "What's on that mind of yours now, Rin?" Black asked, curiously. "Cameras. I remember seeing them there. We've got worldwide network access, don't we? We could access the network that the cameras write back to." He said, grinning lightly. "That's brilliant..." Black said, before standing and walking over to where he'd been before when he'd first explained the mission. He tapped the air and the holographic panel appeared. "Access warehouse i85 camera network." Black commanded. Thus, 8 screens appeared. All were static. "He... Destroyed the evidence?" Black asked, extremely concerned about such behavior from a Vector of all things. "We have underestimated Tank even more than we assumed. Something this intelligent... Yet he's nothing like the other Vectors... He's a variant. A passive. We're dealing with an intelligent heavily armored Vector who can run. We'll need more. More soldiers, more guns, more equipment... More everything..." "Hey Black, do you mind if I take your bike out somewhere?" Rox asked. Black raised an eyebrow and spoke, "To do what?" "Just go for a little... Spin." "Alright, fine. But get back if we contact you." "Got it, thanks." With that, Rox walked out of the room and out of the Guerilla. He hoisted himself up onto the motorbike and revved the engine a couple of times before driving off. I've got some things to do, and they're not gonna do themselves. Rox thought to himself, baring his eyebrows down.

Rox soon ended up by his old apartment. Though, it was barely his to begin with. He parked the bike outside the place and walked inside and up the stairs to what had been his room. He walked over to his dresser and pulled something out. Something of greyish tint. A scarf, although tattered. This... Was hers... Rox thought to himself as he hugged the scarf tight in his arms, getting on his knees. Then, he walked over to his bed-side table and sat down in his old, tattered bed. He looked down at the picture frame on the table. The picture inside the frame was of a small girl who had a smile which had grace equal to that of a thousand dancers and the beauty of a million flowers. Her hair was black, in two long pigtails. Her eyes were emerald green, just as Rox's were. "Hey there, again... Well, you're probably wondering why I left you here... I'm sorry, I didn't want to break you during the move...  But... I've been thinking a lot about you recently... About the promise I made to you... and... What happened... I've survived a lot for you lately... So, thanks for helping me out... I love you... I think we should go now..." Rox said, a small tear welling in his eye before he wiped it away and picked up the picture frame, putting it in the pouch which he had brought with him on his waist. He also put the scarf in there. Then, he took a deep breath and stood up, walked down the stairs and out of the apartment. He got onto the bike and revved the motor once before letting himself fly down the street. Those eyes... They weren't human, obviously... But I don't think Vectors are supposed to be able to feel any emotions at all... Those eyes, there's no mistaking it. Those are the eyes which no one can clone... No one can copy... No one can even imagine until they've seen them for themselves... They're the kind of eyes that nobody wants to look into. Rox thought to himself before he revved the engine a bit more and flew faster down that street. That oh-so-abandoned street. Nobody watched and nobody didn't. It was empty. Empty like the look in Rox's eyes.

Rox walked down the hallway, this seemingly endless hallway, filled with either laughter or silence. He soon arrived to his room and set his photo frame down on his bed-side table. He put the scarf right in front of it. It was tattered, but it meant something to Rox. He stared into the girls eyes for what seemed like years, decades even. He thought on and on about the past, wondering what might come next in his new life. But he wasn't as focused on the present or future as he was the past. It was like he had a fetish for the past. He was always dwelling upon it, regretting his actions which he'd carried out or just thinking about the past in general. With the war, not much could come after. Japan had been hit in the crossfire by America's bombers. World War 3 had decimated complete countries, even a couple of continents. There was one place protected. One place that didn't get involved. The Arctic. That was where all the rich people lived now. The poor people? They stayed behind to rot. The soldiers? They stayed behind as well to fight back even harder. This girl whom Rox looked at had obviously passed away, but that didn't stop him from constantly staring into her eyes. As if his eyes were glued to the photo. It too was slightly tattered, although not as badly as the scarf. Then, his door slid open, revealing Vicious. "Hey..." She said, a bit shyly as she blushed lightly, looking at him, a ginger smile upon her face. "Hey." He responded, snapping out of the trance which he had put himself in. "Sorry... Am I interrupting...?" She asked, nervously. "No, no. You're fine, sit down." He exclaimed. Out of the entire Alpha Team, he either liked Bruno, Kana or Vicious the most. This time, he believed Vicious took the cake. She was usually quiet and timid. Traits which reminded Rox of the girl in the photo. Vicious nodded and approached his bed, sitting on her knees on it. Her hair had bits of black in it. "Is something wrong with your hair?" He asked, cocking a brow. "No, no!" She said, shyly as she blushed and covered her head. Unlike Shy, Vicious had the courage to come to people when she wanted to talk. That was a trait she and the girl in the photo had in common. "If you don't mind me asking... Who is she...?" Vicious asked, looking at the girl in the picture. "Oh, her? She's my... Late... Sister..." Rox said, noticing that it was much harder to say it out loud that his only sister was gone. "She's pretty..." Vicious complimented, examining the picture. "You must really care about her to keep these things to remind you of who she was..." She followed up, her cheeks a light red tint. "Yeah... I love her more  than anyone and anything else in this universe." He said, with a light smile upon his lips. Suddenly, Vicious let herself fall onto Rox. "Roxy~ You smiled~ I think that's the first time I've ever seen you smile directly before~" She taunted with a small giggle before hugging Rox tight. "I know what it's like... to lose someone you care about deeply... All because of an accident that wasn't your fault... Like nature's way of saying 'get lost!'..." He blushed lightly before hugging her back. "You remind me of her sometimes... Sometimes we'd cuddle up like this when there was a storm... She was terribly afraid of thunder, you wouldn't believe it. I thought it was super adorable though." Vicious' cheeks shifted a red tint and she smiled, giving a small giggle. "You sound like you were a great big brother..." She said with a smile. "Thanks..." Rox responded, grinning slightly. "Do you remember her name?" She asked, raising a brow. "Yes, it's stitched into this scarf that I made for her... Kiana..." He said, smiling as he looked at the scarf which had been given to him. "That's nice... Well, I'll see ya' later." Vicious said before sliding off of Rox's bed and standing up, walking over to the door. "Bye." Rox responded as Vicious walked out the door.