Kiana

"So you're telling me that Tank wasn't even at his max height?" Black asked, leaning to the side beside Rox, standing in front of a doctor in a large, tattered room with shards of glass everywhere. "Please refer to him as his scientific name, Gigas Monstrum," The doctor said, "But, yes. When he was sedated, he was in fetus form, as he is now. He's at his minimum height and his earliest stage. I presume you know what happens when a Vector gets taller or grows in body mass, right?" "Yeah, their cords, if they have any, grow longer." "Correct, we predict he'll be at his second stage within two days. I suggest you take him out before he shifts into the stage of adolescence form." "A Vector's cords are traditionally roughly two times of their height unless they sacrifice body mass, so how tall will he be?" Black asked, raising an eyebrow. "He'll be twelve feet tall unless we take him out now, while he's most likely eight feet tall." "Isn't the growing supposed to be gradual?" "Gigas Monstrum has the ability to put his evolution cycle into overdrive. This ability is most likely unique to him and him alone.""Wait, why wouldn't Jet be able to do this?" "Please refer to him as Velox Rapax, and I don't know what you mean. Do you mind explaining?" "Jet is extremely quick, he can move faster than sound, so shouldn't he be able to do this? He can control his speed easily, too." The doctor thought for a moment, trying to conjure up how to say what he wanted to say. "Jet is like... A cheetah. They're very similar. Fast, vicious, and able to control their speed. The perfect predator, in short." Black raised an eyebrow. "So his anatomy is like that of a human and a cheetah?" "Correct, or at least, that is our theory. He uses his tail to maneuver so quickly." "He has a tail?" "Yes, an advanced one, too. At full length, it's probably a bit longer than a Vector cord, though instead of having a small blade on the end, it has a much broader blade which is probably about four inches wide and a foot long. It's the perfect formula for controlling speed. If he needs to slow down, he can stick his tail upwards, or he can stick it sideways if he wants to slow down to turn. If he wants to keep his momentum, all he has to do is keep it flat." "Alright, that explains his maneuverability, but what about his speed? How does he generate such outstanding speeds?" "That is also in his anatomy. His bone structure is absolutely flawless in creating speed. His joints are loosened, as if they've been oiled, so there's almost no friction between them and his bones. His femurs are dense, but small, and so are his tibias and fibulas, but his feet are heavier, mainly his toes. The curved hook claws he has locks his feet into the ground so his balance is improved, on top of that, his metatarsals are longer than most vectors, and he is double jointed in the area where his metatarsals and tarsals connect. His claws are sharp, so they easily slip out of the ground, and his head's shape is aerodynamic, while also helping him control his speed and movements." "He sounds more like a chimera of a human, velociraptor and cheetah to me." Rox commented. "How so?" The doctor asked. "He leans down with the posture of a velociraptor, and also has similar leg and foot structure to one. However, he has the hands of a human, even if they do curve into sharp claws at the end. He has the chest of a cheetah and he uses his tail like one. His movements are also more of leaps rather than steps, just like the cheetah. He has the capability of a human, the speed of sound, the chest and organs of a cheetah and the viciousness of a raptor," Rox explained. The doctor took a moment to think for a second, before his eyes widened. "Good god, boy. You're exactly right. This new team member of yours is impressive, Hawk. Don't lose him," The doctor said.

"Back to the main point, Tank's heading towards the ocean now, so we have to go," Black said. "What? What makes you think that?" The doctor asked. "He'd want to get out of Japan, right? He knows he's being hunted here. He also knows that he can't attack his predators head on without struggle. Struggle that he probably doesn't want," Black explained. "I suppose... Well, I'll see you later then, Hawk. You too, new guy." Rox and Black nodded before walking out of the lab. "That was a very good assumption, Rox." Black said, walking beside him with his hands in his pockets. "It was average," Rox responded. "Don't put yourself down, it's a path to defeat. If you can't even think of yourself as a viable opponent, then how do you expect others to?" Black asked. "I suppose you're right," Rox responded. "Well, let's get going," Black said with a small grin before running off, Rox following behind him.