Augustus

"Rox, how're you progressing?" Black asked through the radio, driving a large, armored vehicle with six wheels and black tinted windows. "I'm low on fuel, but I think I can make it," Rox responded, driving The Weasel upon the hot, and rather barren sand-covered land. Between his arms in front of him on the weasel was Crime, who was still comatose. Team Alpha had planned on getting her to the doctor who they'd mentioned prior to now before she awoke. However, as he'd said before, Rox was low on fuel, and he was still several miles away from his destination of which the directions to were sketched out on the GPS built into the weasel, between the handles. "Alright, keep that hope up," Black responded. After that, there was a small pause before Rox spoke, "Black, what did Poseidon evolve from?" Rox asked. "A human, just like the majority of Vectors. He must have lived in the seas for several years until the nuclear war started and the radiation sent evolution into overdrive," Black responded. "The majority?" Rox asked, raising an eyebrow, "Aren't all Vectors evolved from humans?" "Most, but not all. There have been cases of animals also becoming Vectors, and very dangerous ones at that. It's usually the predators, and I haven't ever seen or heard of a Vector who evolved from a predator being below rank S danger level. Thank god they're not as common as Vectors that evolved from humans," Black responded "Have there ever been any Arthropod-evolved Vectors?" "One or two, I suppose. Way back when the Vectors started coming into existence, there was a Vector that evolved from a crab. It was eight feet tall and had lengthened arms. His body was bent like Arachne's. He was code-named Killer Crab, but has since been exterminated." "What about spiders?" "God, I hope not." "That's a wish we have in common." "Rox, are you afraid of spiders?" "Terrified." Black chuckled in response to this, "Yep, me too."

Rox swerved into a stop as he came across a deserted town, absent of vegetation and almost absent of light. The sand that blew through it was almost blinding, even with Rox's helmet on. The town was practically glazed in it. Rox shielded Crime's mouth with one hand so she wouldn't breathe it in. "Black, I'm in some kind of ghost town..." Rox said. "Make sure to cover Crime's mouth, but proceed. If the sand is too thick there, our connection might get cut," Black responded. "Got it," Rox responded before twisting the handle and slowly proceeding forward, cautious of anything that might jump out at him. Though this was a new land, and even a new continent altogether, Rox knew that somewhere here, there were Vectors, and he also knew that that fact was inevitable. He was several meters into the town when suddenly, his visor went haywire, the cursor pointing to his left and blinking rapidly. He turned his head in that direction, expecting to see a Vector, ready for a fight. Though, almost to his surprise, there were no Vectors to be seen. There was just a large, brick building, its sides eroded partially. At the top of the building there was a word, written in lights like you might have seen at a club before all of this happened. It spelled out "ARCADE," the 'D' more dimmed than the others. As his visor calmed down, he proceeded forward to the building in a ginger manner. Black tried to speak through the radio, though only managed to say, "R-" before getting cut off by the sand, which had thickened greatly deeper into the town.

Rox arrived to the double doors, made with metal which framed panes of cracked glass. Rox looked down at Crime, wondering if she would be in danger if he went in there with her. However, he couldn't just leave her outside. He either went in there, or he didn't. This made him begin to wonder what might be within this building. Was it an old, broken down arcade, that had somehow kept itself upright the whole time while the wooden houses around it were almost completely ripped apart, or was it something more sinister? Ever since he'd discovered that Vicious was actually Kiana, and that Kiana, like him, was a half-vector, he'd had trust issues, becoming paranoid of the smallest things. He decided to work up the courage to go in before he slowly drove forward, the blade at the front of The Weasel snaking its way in the crack between the doors, separating them. Then, as he eased more of The Weasel in, they opened wider until finally, they had opened wide enough for the whole vehicle to enter, along with Rox and Crime.