An unforgettable past

Authors note: I'm sorry this is a really really long chapter. It's about Jane's whole life before she died. I really hope y'all enjoy it. ♥️

You're only 6 years old. You're hiding in your closet while you listen to your parents fight. You dropped one of the glass cups on the ground after dinner and it sent your Father in to a rage.

You hear screams and your father's drunken yells. He's been making moonshine in the bathtub and selling it to his buddies but he often gets drunk from his own supply.

The Louisiana heat made your closet hot and sticky but it's better than being out there. You hope you father forgets about what you did and hope he doesn't come looking for you. But you hear your father's loud foot steps come closer to your room. He slams the door open.

You put your hand over your mouth just like your brother taught you, so you make as little noise as possible but, he opens the closet door and sees you hiding behind a bin. He grabs you by the collar of your shirt and throws you into a wall. Theres blood coming from your head and you see that your father has a belt in his hand. You close your eyes waiting for the first hit but suddenly the door swings open and your brother tackles your Father to the ground.

They wrestle on the ground throwing punches left and right but your 12 year old brother is barely hanging on. You want to get in the middle of them but your head is throbbing and you're seeing double.

Then you hear a herd of people come through the front door, it's the police. Your brother hears this and pushes your dad down the stairs and the police take it from there.

The nice police help bandage your head then they leave with your Father away in handcuffs. That's the last time you ever saw him again.

You feel so awful that your dad is gone and everyone got hurt because of your mistake after dinner. Just then your brother walks in to your room.

"Hey Lizzie how are you feeling". He says.

You shake your head yes but you don't speak a word.

Then he says "Hey, no one is mad at you Lizzie". He soothes. But the tears keep coming and they don't feel like they're ever going to stop.

Your brother brings you down stairs and makes you a cup of tea. You sit in a silence for a while when the radio kicks on. It makes you jump but it's ok because you love the radio and you could use the distraction.

You are your brother run over and sit right next to the new radio your mom bought last week as an early Christmas present. You listen to the boring  news of the day and the latest songs. Then your brother does his signature radio impression of a talk show host and it makes a you both laugh. But in only lasts a second before the sadness kicks in again.

Then your brother gives you a huge and says "Smile Liz, you know you're never fully dressed without one." You feel your smile widen and say "Thank you Alastor".

Over the years the three of you got very close. Your mother was actually a very cool woman. She seemed very sweet and warm to the normal person but she was so much more than that. She was very fluent in voodoo and taught you and your brother everything she knew.

Alastor would sometimes walk with you through the streets of New Orleans. You loved with all the music and dancing that happend everywhere on the street.

You two are messing around and you say"Al, you think I could became the biggest singer and the world?"

He laughed "I think you've got about the same chance of me becoming a famous radio talk show host".