Cannibal Town

Back to present time*

All the memories come swirling back to your head at once and everything leaves you utterly speechless. Finally you snap back to reality and you find yourself sitting on the ground in front of the studio mirror.

Charlie walks in and says "OMG!! It worked Jane!!" "y-yeah it sure did."

You say "Yeah I sure did". never breaking eye contact with mirror.

Charlie can tell something's wrong but then AnglelDust struts in and says "Oh shit Jane you look dope! Say you almost kinda look like Alastor in a weird way. That's so funny!!"

You say "Yeah it's quite funny, I mean what are the chances *you fake laugh* I guess all deer must look similar down here huh?"

Angel says "I guess so toots".

You're relieved they don't suspect anything. You're trying to play everything off cool but at one point you just can't take it anymore. "Hey Charlie can I talk to you alone".

Everyone leaves and you say "I just want to thank you for everything but, I need sometime alone, I have a lot to think about I won't be at the hotel for a few weeks. I need to get my thoughts together on my own".

Charlie understands but hopes you return to the hotel when you're ready.

You don't know where to go. Your body guards wouldn't recognize you in your new form so you need to find another place to lay low. You put on a black beanie to hide your ears to people hopefully don't make the connection to your "famous" brother.

You walk around for a while until you find a darling town called "Cannibal town". It was quite old fashioned but it made you feel right at home, something you haven't felt in a while.  You bought yourself some new clothes that actually made you feel like you again and you go check in to an apartment.

You walk in to the apartment complex and It's the most elegant lobby you've ever laid eyes on , it puts the plaza hotel in New York to shame.

Then a pale woman and dark eyes wearing a red dress and a beautiful red sun hat greets you. "Hello darling, I'm Rosie! You must be new here. If you're looking for a place to stay you've come to the right place dear. What your name".

You almost start to say Jane but you stop yourself. "My name is Elisabeth and it's a pleasure to meet you Rosie. And I must say your town here is absolutely gorgeous". It felt good to say your real name.

Rosie smiled and said "Well Elisabeth you must not be new because I've never met a newer soul who has the amount of manners as yourself."

You say "Well you've got me there I died in the 1920s but I am new to this side of town".

Rosie says "Well welcome to our town, I already know you'll be a delight to have around here. Here's your room key just go up the stairs and take a left".

You take the key and find your room. It's a beautiful vintage room.

You sit down on the fluffy bed and suddenly all the thought slap you in the face at once.

Is my death the reason Al went mad?

How did he even get to powerful in the first place?

Did Adam ever get in trouble for what he did?

Does my mom think I just abandoned her in heaven?

Does Al even remember who I am?

What if he tried to kill me because I know who he is?!

What if he just plays it off like he doesn't even know who I am?!

Your head is spinning and you turn on the fact radio to a random channel as a distraction.

Then an add for Charlie's hotel comes up and it's Al's voice narrating it. You think "Lord am I ever going to just get away from this guy". After that, Al's voice comes on again "Thank you for listening to 19.29 where we play only the most chipper music of all time and screams of inferior sinners. Stay tuned." Then one of your top songs that you sang from when you were living comes on. It takes you by surprise but this has to be proof that he must remember you but the radio demon is nothing like the brother you used to know, except they make the same bad jokes. The Alastor you knew was kind and always gave back to people in need. Something made him go mad, and you think it was your death that made him snap.

You've been at the apartment for a few weeks now and Charlie has reached out many times saying how her hotels going and how much they miss me. They even apparently have a new guest too, but you're still not ready to face your brother.

You've mainly just stayed in your room at the apartment but today you decided to go down stairs for dinner. You go down the red stairs and there is a ton of people hanging out in the lobby having some kind of buffet of fingers and livers.

You completely forgot that this was a cannibal town. Rosie comes up to you and says "Oh my I was hoping you would come down for dinner tonight. What would you like we have arms, legs intestine spaghetti but it's been a been a big hit so it might be out by now".

You don't know what to say but you're starving so you figure what the heck I'm already in hell might as well try it I guess. You grab some fingers and tongues. And sit down next to Rosie who saved you a spot.

You bite in to one of the fingers and to your surprise it's not bad. In your head you know it's wrong but you don't care anymore, heaven didn't want you so what's the point.

Rosie and you have a riveting conversation about her being an overlord and her town.

You say "So Rosie, are you friends with any other overlords?"

She's says "Well I don't talk to most of them, most are quite rude and modern but theirs one that is so nice and polite, Alastor."

It makes sense that the two of them would be friends but you want more information on him. You say "The radio demon? He seems a bit....violently insane".

Rosie says "Well you must remember dear this is Hell but Alastor is such a sweetie. He may seem all big and bad on the outside but on the inside he's a gentleman and theirs even a piece of him that still cares for others although you would have to be a pretty special demon for him to use that piece on you. I'm just one of the lucky ones. But I bet if he met you he'd think your-..... speaking of, I see him over there, oh what timing. Stay there dear and I'll fetch him."

You look aver to see Alastor talking to some of the locals. You take your plate and run to your room without looking suspicious. You'll just tell Rosie you had an upset stomach or something.

You lock your door and continue eating. But then you hear foot steps and Alastor humming as he knocks on your door. You put your hand over your mouth to make yourself quite like you would when you were little.

You were not going to open that door for anything but then Alastor says "Liz please open the door".

Hearing your old nick name made you want to run and hug him. You're so nervous but you can't keep doing this so you gingerly get up and open the door.