In the Arms of Unseen Memories

No updates on Aayaan's whereabouts were found, and his body did not emerge from the engulfing flames. Some hoped that he had fallen prey to the infernal creature responsible for the disaster, unaware that the demon could be Aaayan himself. A sense of foreboding lingered over Kushina Hills. Ever since the devastating fire at Blue Bird Castle, fear had taken hold of the residents, confining them within their homes. In a desperate attempt to feel safe, everyone contributed silver from their household possessions to Bora. In just a few days, Bora created a sword out of the collected silver, while others crafted daggers, determined to protect their homes from the looming threat. Bora, with Kalu and his men by his side, patrolled the hills each night, tirelessly searching for the elusive monster and aiming to defeat it before it caused any havoc.

Away from the chaotic scenes of Kushina Hills, Aaayan lay unconscious in the stillness of the deep forest. His wounds were now healed and his body was bare, showing no signs of the recent turmoil. Yet, his mind was in a different state entirely. With wide eyes, he found himself immersed in an unfamiliar darkness, surrounded by reflective water that mirrored his ghostly figure. Unsure of his whereabouts, he questioned if this calm moment was actually the beginning of his descent into nothingness. Despite the uncertainty, he remained seated with a sense of tranquility, holding onto his knees as he embraced the peaceful detachment from the chaos of Kushina Hills.

Lost in the timeless isolation of his enigmatic surroundings, Aayaan was unaware of the passing moments. His thoughts were free from counting or measuring, giving him a hazy feeling that a considerable amount of time had gone by. The water below him, undisturbed by his presence, remained eerily calm and refused to create any ripples.

His unyielding gaze remained fixed on the endless expanse of darkness, undisturbed until a sudden disruption broke through the silence. He heard a faint splash coming from behind him and slowly turned to investigate. To his amazement, a woman dressed in flowing white clothes appeared before him, emanating a gentle glow that banished the shadows. Although he felt a hint of familiarity, he couldn't quite place where he had seen her before. As she drew closer, her ethereal aura illuminated the mysterious surroundings. Aayaan struggled to remember where he knew this woman from, but it eluded him in that moment.

As Aayaan turned, the woman stopped in her tracks with a serene smile. In a soft and gentle voice, she spoke, "Ah, you've found me."

Aayaan was caught off guard by her unexpected presence and couldn't hide his surprise. He asked with genuine curiosity, "who are you?"

The woman greeted Aayaan with a gentle smile, radiating warmth and cheerfulness. "You seem to have forgotten me once again," she observed, understanding his confusion. She closed the gap between them and lovingly ran her fingers through his hair, assuring him, "It's okay, my dear son. Every time you visit, I will remind you."

"Son?" Aayaan questioned, his eyes widened like dewy petals, revealing the shock that lingered beneath the surface. His breath caught in his throat, a sudden gust of wind that threatened to reveal the depth of his true emotions.

Trisha's smile was warm as she spoke, "You always seem surprised when you come here, Aayaan. Do you remember how in your childhood you used to run away from me? My, how much you have grown."

The moment she appeared, a sense of peace washed over Aayaan's heart. Tears flooded his eyes as he wrapped his arms around her. He begged through sobs, "Please don't go, Mother. The world outside terrifies me."

Trisha lovingly rested Aayaan's head against her shoulder, tenderly stroking it as she whispered, "I've always been here with you, and always will be."

Aayaan's expression turned fearful as he spoke. "It is terrifying out there. I will not leave this place," he said with a sense of longing in his voice.