Worried Family

Will paced back and forth in his room with Epps until they got a knock on the door,

"Come in!"

The twins popped in with worried looks, 

"Will! We can't sense Aero! It's like she is blocking part of our bond!"

Will sighed and glanced at Epps, 

"You two, take a seat, and promise us that you will stay on base,"

Sunstreaker narrowed his eyes at him, 

"Why?"

Will sighed, 

"Please?"

Sideswipe nodded, 

"I promise,"

He elbowed Sunstreaker, 

"Fine fine, I promise too,"

Will sighed and looked at Epps, who nodded at him, 

"Go ahead,"

Will sighed and watched as the twins finally sat down on his bed, 

"Okay...General Morshower called me earlier...and he said that someone very dangerous escaped prison...that person is the one that attacked Mynx. Don't worry though. We sent Fig over to protect her, and you can't say anything to anyone...especially Jazz. I am trusting both of you to not break your promise and go to LA. Epps and I are waiting for Fig to call us or Eddie to call us. If Eddie calls, then Mynx is either safe or still not safe. If Fig calls us, then Mynx is safe. I'm sorry I did not tell you guys earlier...I was strictly told to not tell any Autobots because the general knows how much you guys seem to like her as your Liaison, and we intend to keep his thoughts just that. I made sure Jazz went on that mission earlier because I was not sure if he would somehow find out or not. But I need you guys to trust us...I love Mynx, she is our little sister and the godmother of my daughter,"

The two were silent as they took it all in. Sideswipe looked up at Will and frowned,

"But...how is one person going to help protect Aero if she is in danger?"

Will smirked, 

"Well, that's because he's prepared, and the escapee does not know about him coming, he's expecting him to come here to our base right now,"

Sunstreaker tilted his head, 

"Why would he think that?"

Epps smirked, 

"Because, if he was truly listening into all of our phone calls, we told Fig that there was a viper on our base and we needed a snake expert to come get it. Which is our code for someone listening to our conversations, there is a target on one of us, and Will mentioned Mynx earlier. We know what we are doing,"

Sideswipe sighed, 

"I still don't like not helping her,"

Sunstreaker nodded, 

"We are useless,"

Will shook his head, 

"No, you are not. You are doing what Mynx would have wanted, you are holding yourselves back from breaking your treaty with the human world...which is what Mynx would have told you to do anyways,"

The twins sighed but did not argue. Then his phone started ringing, and everyone gasped and Will immediately looked at the contact and felt his heart stop at seeing Eddie's contact.

"Eddie,"

The twins stood up and Epps put a hand on Will's shoulder. Will finally pressed accept and put Eddie on loud speaker, 

"Diaz-"

"No. You listen to me. You didn't tell me that Emmet escaped! Do you have any idea on how scared I was when I realized what was happening?! The fire alarm went off and all of us left to go on call except Maz AND my son! I promised Maz I wouldn't yell at you too much but I can't believe this! I thought we were on the same page when it came to Maz! Fig got there just in time and they are both still alive but still, come on Lennox."

"Eddie, I'm sorry. You need to calm down and tell me what happened,"

Will heard a sigh from Eddie's end, 

"She sent Christopher away in Phoenix. We ran back to the firehouse to see Maz and Fig jumping out from the shattering window and falling three stories. Fig had the shield that Maz, I guess, worked on just for him, so he's almost completely unharmed. He got skinned by a bullet...Maz...Maz got shot two times in the torso...We are on the way to the hospital, and she needs a blood transfusion again...He's dead...Bobby and Buck checked after we got there and they found his body in the station."

Everyone sighed out at that. 

"I promise I'll explain everything again when you get back...I am sorry, Eddie...and if it makes you feel better, I will definitely be getting yelled at by every Autobot when they find out...the twins are here with Epps and I right now,"

"Good. Sunstreaker and Sideswipe? Don't let him off easy,"

Sunstreaker smirked, 

"We won't,"

"No way in hell would we,"

Will sighed and smiled softly, 

"Call us when she's back,"

"I will. Do you want me to send Fig over?"

Will smirked, 

"No, you keep him,"

"What the fuck,"

Epps laughed, 

"Sorry, Diaz. We called dibs on not getting him back,"

"Fuck you both,"

They all laughed, 

"Okay, I'll call you guys later, hopefully with Maz,"

"Yeah, talk to you later...and Diaz?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Thank you,"

"I made a promise all those years ago and I intend to keep it,"

Will smiled softly, 

"I know,"