No Time for Goodbyes

General Morshower banged the table,

"Combatant Commands are now at DEFCON 1."

General Lark crossed his arms,

"Approximately 200 Decepticons are now in hiding. Energon detectors have been triggered as far away as South America and China."

Morshower's assistant looked up, 

"The U. N. Just received an encrypted audio file. They say it's from the leader of the Autobots."

On their large screen, Sentinel's voice could be heard, 

"Defenders of Earth. We have come for your natural resources to rebuild our damaged planet. When we have transported all we need, we will leave your world in peace. For such peace to exist, you must immediately exile the Autobot rebels you have harboured. Nonnegotiable. Renounce the rebels. We await your reply."

Will clenched his fist in anger. Morshower sighed,

"Colonel Lennox, status on Mynx?"

Will looked over at him, 

"Mynx is in recovery, she received severe burns to her arms and a head injury, Kaitlyn Simmons and Autobot Jolt are working on her right now,"

Morshower clenched his fist, 

"I'm sorry Will. We have no choice,"

Will looked down, 

"I understand, sir."

𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐲𝐬𝐭

The two civilians were with Director Mearing, Mearing glanced at the two, 

"We will debrief both of you on the way,"

Sam winced, 

"Yeah, I really don't see how I can be of any help. I mean, you guys seem pretty busy. We could just do this another time, I think. Ow!"

Amethyst glanced at him in concern as she briefly looked at the object on his wrist. 

"I have underestimated you at every turn."

They looked back at Mearing,

"Yeah, well, my older sister taught me everything she knows,"

Mearing sighed, 

"I am sorry about what happened to your sister. But, you can help us as she would want to. You warned us that they were using humans. And you knew that Sentinel was the key."

Sam looked up in confusion, 

"What?"

Mearing nodded, 

"We are seeing the Autobots, they are being sent away and I want you to help us win this war,"

"Who am I? Hey, you're the expert. I'm just a walking security risk- ah- ah!"

Mearing frowned in confusion, 

"Are you okay?"

Amethyst quickly grabbed his shoulder and smiled at Mearing, 

"Yeah, Sam's just a little nervous, that's all. Right Sam?"

Sam nodded, 

"Y-Yeah,"

Mearing's aide came rushing up to them,

"Director, the Pentagon's calling in fifteen."

Mearing nodded and took the call. Sam and Amethyst shared a concerned look until they heard their names being called. The two turned to see Alexandra and Rosalyn rushing up to them,