The Herald of Primus

They were all listening to the television, Mazikeen staring at Ratchet from the corner of her eye, 

"More than sixty volcanoes are erupting worldwide, and downtown Honolulu is under six inches of snow! Scientists continue to devise that there are connections between unprecedented natural disasters with the planetary alignment, which-"

She sighed as the television cut out. June smiled nervously, 

"So, who wants to play a game?"

Miko frowned and crossed her arms as Jack and Raf did the same. Mazikeen only stood up and walked away. Fowler growls, 

"That tears it!"

June frowned, 

"Where are you going?"

" I can't just sit on my hands when the world spins out of control."

Ratchet crossed his arms, 

"And what exactly is that you intend to do?"

"Anything! Hook up with my boys at the Pentagon, figure out a way to bury that monster for good!"

Ratchet narrowed his optics,

"In the event, Optimus can't?"

Fowler glared at him, 

"Don't you mean Optimus and Megatron?"

Mazikeen sighed, 

"Well, with Optimus and Megatron together again-"

Ratchet's optics widened, and Fowler stared at stared at Mazikeen in shock, 

"Woah, hold up, what do you mean again?"

Miko nodded, 

"Optimus was a 'Con?"

Raf frowned, 

"Megatron was an Autobot?"

Ratchet shook his head, 

"No, on either count. But, there was a time, back on Cybertron, in the twilight hours of the Golden Age, when Optimus and Megatron were not sworn enemies. Do you recall when I mentioned that Optimus wasn't always a Prime? Well, he wasn't always Optimus, either. He was once a clerk, in the Iacon Hall of Records, named Orion Pax. But as he learned more about Cybertron's past, he grew increasingly concerned about the present corruption in high places, an inequality among the masses. Orion became inspired by the words and ideas of a gladiator...... One who had named himself after one of the thirteen original Primes: Megatronus. Megatronus vowed to challenge Cyberton's leadership and demand that all Cybertronians be treated as equals. This gladiator turned revolutionary, Megatronus rapidly gained a loyal following, Soundwave chief among them. Orion began corresponding with Megatronus, who came to be something of a mentor to him. As Megatronus left the gladiatorial arena for the political, he saw fit to shorten his name. Before long, Megatron appeared before the High Council to propose his vision for a just society. And it was here that he began to reveal his true colors: Proclaiming the need to overthrow the old Guard with force and arrogantly demanding to be named the next Prime. But, Orion did not believe in violence as a means of achieving justice. The sparks and minds of the Council were moved by Orion's words. Here, for the first time since Cybertron's Golden age, stood someone worthy of being a Prime. But that honor could only truly be achieved by earning the legendary Matrix of leadership. His ambitions thwarted, Megatron spitefully severed all ties with Orion and the Council and came to wage war on all who opposed him through his growing army of followers, which he named "Decepticons". He vowed to claim the Matrix for himself, wherever it might lie. In time, warfare consumed Cybertron, poisoning the planet to its core. Orion journeyed there, hoping to reverse the ill effects, and found himself before the very Spark of our life-giver: Primus himself. The ailing Primus sensed the innate nobility within Orion and bestowed the Matrix upon him. It was thus, that the surprised and humbled Orion Pax, came to be Optimus: The Last of the Primes."