The Planning Stage

Athena walked right into Will's office, 

"We need to talk,"

Will looked up in confusion, 

"Hello, Aura, what is it?"

Athena plopped down in the seat across from him, 

"What is this I'm hearing about May not celebrating her birthday anymore?"

Will sighed as he looked down, 

"She stopped celebrating after her second birthday in the army,"

"Why?"

Will sighed, 

"Because...we were sent out on our first mission as a squad. We were camping out right next to our tank and quietly singing her happy birthday...then we got attacked. The reason the four of us are so much closer than everyone else that you may see is, the rest of our squad didn't make it...it has been feeling like the universe only wanted us four to survive every tour we went on together. Mynx didn't take it well when we went back to the site to get the bodies of our friends...she said that she was done with birthdays and done with celebrations that were about her. She shut down and worked on her weapons more and we had to stop her from blowing up her cabin from her inventions,"

Athena sighed and brought her head into her hands, 

"That's why...you know...when we were younger, she didn't drown herself in her work as much as she does now...All the loss...she took it upon herself to protect her friends and family as much as she can...She has done that all her life with Sam...but now, I guess her family really did expand,"

Will sighed, 

"Yes, it did...and I don't know how much more she can take,"

Athena looked up at him, 

"She's Mazikeen Witwicky, she will take it on until she can't walk anymore. She's my self-destructing best friend. She is your sister or daughter, I don't know you guys have your own thing,"

Will laughed and nodded, 

"Yes, we do. Okay, I'm going to ask Jazz to get Fig, we still can't use the aircraft for them just yet until we get approval from the secretary and the president. So he will have to leave today to get him back tomorrow,"

Athena nodded, 

"Okay, good. I'm going to call Sam right now to get him ready for a family barbecue for her birthday,"

Will nodded, 

"We will set up a party here, I'll get Kaitlyn to explain it to Ratchet and Jolt so they can explain it to everyone else. I'll get Prime to choose someone to go with Mynx,"

Athena nodded, 

"Okay! We got the ball rolling let's gooooo!"

Will chuckled as he watched her run out. He took out his communicator and pressed a button, 

"Prime, can you come to my office for a second?"

"Yes, is everything alright?"

"Yes, I will explain an idea that Aura and I got,"

"Okay, I will arrive soon,"

Will put the files he was working on away and looked up when he saw Optimus's holo-form materialize in his office, 

"Optimus,"

Optimus nodded, 

"William, what did you wish to speak to me about?"